PDA

View Full Version : iPrestige MP vs IG Prestige MP?

4sound
01-14-2012, 10:46 AM
I recently dug out my old iPrestige MP and strung it up. I love this thing. I also have a YT Prestige MP and compared. YT wasn't bad but the iPrestige felt more precise and had a better plow thru feel.

Has anyone who's tested the new IG Prestige MP know how it plays versus the old iPrestige MP?

clarky
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi There,

I have just purchased the new IG Prestige MP and it is the best racquet I have ever owned and I have owned a lot.

Fantastic racquet, I prefer it to the Iprestige I have and to the LM prestige MP I also own.

I am going to buy another 3 or so of the IG Prestige

movdqa
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Could you provide details about what you like about it? Did you do any customization? There seems to be a lot of interest in this and I'm curious about the buzz. I'm currently using the YT and I'm quite happy with it but I keep an open mind about new stuff.

4sound
01-14-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm also interested in what you like about the IG Prestige MP and how it is different from the YT (or iPrestige) MP.

Like I said before, the YT isn't bad but it felt muted compared to the iPrestige. I've tried different string setups and weight customization on the YT but it just didn't have the same type of pop as the iPrestige. In another thread, someone referred to the YT as feeling a little bit "tinny". I agree.

clarky
01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
I didn't do any customisation to it, racquet is stock, I prefer to to the iprestige, too me it feels more solid, I can take big cuts at the ball and it just feels really solid from all areas of the court. It is my favourite prestige so far, the LM prestige I did not like so much, but the new IG prestige to me at least feels solid from all areas, looks great too. It came strung with Sonic Pro which was pretty good, I have now put in Lux Alu Rough strung at 52lbs feels great.