PDA

View Full Version : Head Ti. Radical

rb__11
01-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Hey guys. I have a Head Youtek Radical Pro and , from what I've been reading, it has a high swingweight and the tw review gives this stick a 76. I also have at home a Head Ti. Radical (which many think it's no1e's racquet) lying around. I was thinking about adding lead to this racquet and making it my main racquet.
What do you think?
Do you think it's too old and that the new technologies make this stick bad?
Give me your opinions please.
PS: does anybody play with old frames? and with this stick?

Venetian
01-15-2012, 04:20 AM
By new technologies do you mean new paint? Because there's nothing else new about the more modern versions of this racquet line. Play with the Ti if you like it.

hrstrat57
01-15-2012, 04:58 AM
Lead tape about 4/6" (your taste) at 3 and 9 and add leather grip and ti Radical MP is a beast.....Austrian thunder!!

Great stick, too light stock, above brings out the monster.

rb__11
01-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Lead tape about 4/6" (your taste) at 3 and 9 and add leather grip and ti Radical MP is a beast.....Austrian thunder!!

Great stick, too light stock, above brings out the monster.

thanks for the tips. i've just been wondering cause it has a smaller head size and it's a 18x20 string pattern opposing to my Youtek Radical Pro.
Which string pattern you think it's better for a 3.5-4.0 player?

rb__11
01-15-2012, 01:56 PM
By new technologies do you mean new paint? Because there's nothing else new about the more modern versions of this racquet line. Play with the Ti if you like it.

thanks. i was just wondering if anybody used old sticks

TaihtDuhShaat
01-15-2012, 02:29 PM
I have a ti.rad mp and it is stiffer than every other rad. It is one of the most precise hitting frames I've ever used. Really, really great frame that makes a lot of the newer ones shameful IMO.

TfReAk
01-16-2012, 04:21 AM
I hit with the MG rad MP and recently got my hands on 2 good looking TI.Rad MP's. I strung one with PSGD at 21/22kg and I had a very nice hit with it. Also put on a new grip (bab syntec).

The Ti. felt stiffer than the MG, but it didn't felt hollow or board like. I had to get used to the slice for some reason, but eventually I got hit everyshot with it. One thing that comes to mind is the feel. It's just great :-)

TfReAk
01-16-2012, 04:22 AM
I hit with the MG rad MP and recently got my hands on 2 good looking TI.Rad MP's. I strung one with PSGD at 21/22kg and I had a very nice hit with it. Also put on a new grip (bab syntec).

The Ti. felt stiffer than the MG, but it didn't felt hollow or board like. I had to get used to the slice for some reason, but eventually I got hit everyshot with it. One thing that comes to mind is the feel. It's just great :-)

PS: Venentian...great avatar :-)