PDA

View Full Version : TW Reviews: Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Racquets

TW Staff
01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Video only. Full written review to follow.

Standard:
http://bit.ly/ABXZX2

Plus:
http://bit.ly/wRXzIE

Jason, TW

Ashanti
01-16-2012, 11:33 AM
im in love with this racket

Yourtenniscoach
01-16-2012, 11:36 AM
im in love with this racket

I have it already. I love it!

Hominator
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I have it already. I love it!

How's the harshness of the racquet compared to the previous version? thanks.

Ross K
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM

X 2 on this qsn and just generally how does it compare?

fundrazer
01-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Don't plan on going back to a PDR, but was looking forward to the reviews regardless. Like many of the other posters, I'm loving the new paintjob.

That new playtester has some of the most awkward looking technique I've ever seen.

Yourtenniscoach
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM

I never found it to be as harsh as others did as I have always used a softer multi in it but... It seems to a bit softer than the previous version.

Hominator
01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I never found it to be as harsh as others did as I have always used a softer multi in it but... It seems to a bit softer than the previous version.

Thanks. Appreciate it!

Ashanti
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
i dont know if i'm liking the standard or plus version better

Fuji
01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Don't plan on going back to a PDR, but was looking forward to the reviews regardless. Like many of the other posters, I'm loving the new paintjob.

That new playtester has some of the most awkward looking technique I've ever seen.

+1

-10Fujichars

bluetrain4
01-16-2012, 06:19 PM

I sort of agree. Granted, the PDR is gonna be harsh to some people because of the stiffness, but overall, i never thought it was THAT harsh and that it's reputation for harshness was a bit overplayed. With the right string job, it should be fine for a lot of people. Maybe not great, but fine.

BUT, it is awfully harsh on mishits, especially above the sweetspot, IMO.

JDMasFCK
01-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I sort of agree. Granted, the PDR is gonna be harsh to some people because of the stiffness, but overall, i never thought it was THAT harsh and that it's reputation for harshness was a bit overplayed. With the right string job, it should be fine for a lot of people. Maybe not great, but fine.

BUT, it is awfully harsh on mishits, especially above the sweetspot, IMO.

+1

10chars.........

TennisMaverick
01-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Video only. Full written review to follow.

Standard:
http://bit.ly/ABXZX2

Plus:
http://bit.ly/wRXzIE

Jason, TW

Jason,

Is your play-test court basically built within your product warehouse, as there appears to be boxes/stock to the upper-right of your videos?

raging
01-16-2012, 11:54 PM

Can you describe why it feels softer, do you think it is the changed cortex?
Also what multi did you use in it?

TW Staff
01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Jason,

Is your play-test court basically built within your product warehouse, as there appears to be boxes/stock to the upper-right of your videos?

Yes. Our court is built inside the warehouse.

Chris, TW

TW Staff
01-17-2012, 08:49 AM

I never found any of the previous versions harsh. The weight makes them pretty solid and stable feeling, plus they have always felt forgiving offering good power even off center.

I would say the feel of this one is better than previous versions. The racquet felt even more forgiving, yet it was not muted and still offered a very clean feel.

Right now I have been tail weighting the Plus version with lead on the pallet and a leather grip to see if I make make it feel like it comes around faster. So far so good, I just need to restring as the poly in it has gone dead.

Chris, TW

TennisMaverick
01-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes. Our court is built inside the warehouse.

Chris, TW

That is one HUGE warehouse!!!

psycho0
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
How come TW never reviewed the Babolat Pure Storm GT racquets?