PDA

View Full Version : When do you decide it is time to try new racquets/string?

myalterego
01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I am not too keen are switching my racquets or strings, but many people on TW are. How do you know when it is time to switch? Of course, players can simply "get better" at playing, thus nullifying the need to change your setup, but how do you decide when your skill is not being complemented or augmented by your racquet setups?

in_ten_city
01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Only really 2 times for a must change for your racket. One is if you've developed a playing style that doesn't fit your racket very much. The other time is when you need a more comfortable racket for your health. For e.g., a serve and volley-er may need one type of racket, while a baseliner may need another. Or, if you like to really swing out on the ball or just push it forward. You can also customize your frames with weight to make it more stable or have more power or spin. Best thing to do is find out what kind of game you play and at what level. This includes all your strokes and techniques. Get back to us with it and we'll try to recommend something.

Xizel
01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
When my racquet is in two pieces at the hoop, I switch. Racquets aren't cheap, ya know?

user92626
01-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I switched when I understood rackets and my games better and due to curiosity and appeals of new frames and intereting brands. That's about it.

It's double fun to play tennis and enjoy equipments, etc.