PDA

View Full Version : Babolat APDGT - Bridge crack (only 1 year old)

Tour_pro
01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Okay, I am sure I will never buy Babolat racquets again. Its to bad, I loved this racquet, and then yesterday I look at the bridge and it looks like the strings pulled one of the bridge grommets up along with the bridge. So now I have this paint coming off and a bent bridge. The racquet is in great condition, I took great care of it considering the cost. I am pretty annoyed because my 1 year warranty ran out in August. The racquet is only 1 year and 4 months old and getting ready for burial - not what I expected.

The string tension was 60 pounds Babloat PHT on mains/Solinco Barbwire crosses. Had it strung for about 2 months so this was not an issue with the recent string job.

Any experience out there on what to do? Or am I stuck with a fresh almost new defective racquet (purchased for TW).

Tour_pro
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
purchased *from TW

ArliHawk
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
If it's less than a year old, Babolat should replace it under warranty.

Tour_pro
01-16-2012, 04:16 PM
That's why I mentioned it is 1 and 4 months old.

Virtua Tennis
01-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Need a picture of the damage. Who knows maybe the stringer damaged your frame.

txt858
01-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Ask your stringer what kind of stringing machine he/she used to string your racquet. If they used one of the 2 point mounts and if they tighten the bottom holder too tight, it will crack the bridge. Look at the bottom bridge, it is tappered...so if they clamp down on it too tight. It'll press down on it hard and crack the joint.

quest01
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
It could be a stringing issue not the racquet itself, I've never had that happen with any APD.