PDA

View Full Version : Weight of the new IG Prestige Pro

winstonplum
01-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Both the original You Tek and the new IG are listed on the racquet as 11.5 oz. Why is everyone saying the new one is heavier? I'm confused. I've been demoing the older one cuz the racquet store in town in clearing them out at great prices; I thought the specs on the new one were identical.

Bartelby
01-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Because they come out of the factory different.

The earlier version came out lighter than spec the later version is tending to be heavier.

I bought the earlier version and it was exactly to spec.

Always keep in mind intended unstrung spec and actual spec and actual strung spec. All very different.

winstonplum
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Very interesting. So you the earlier version came out lighter than 325 g and the IG is coming out heavier. But they both have 11.5 on the racquet? Am I understanding you correctly? I guess I'm confused because I just read the TW review of the IG and they were talking about the IG being heaver and I'm looking at the specs between the two and they're identical.

winstonplum
01-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Also, so your earlier one must have been about 12 oz strung, while this new one is about 12.2. Strange that TW has the earlier version strung at 11.8--that would only be about 9 grams of string.

Fed Kennedy
01-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Bazically head cant get their shiot together

winstonplum
01-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Okay, what's the word on the street about the new racquet? If it's spec'd the same, how is it different? Has anyone hit with it or talked to someone who has?

Fed Kennedy
01-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Its half an ounce heavier on average. Its an upgrade. Old one was a little feeble.