PDA

View Full Version : Head LM Radicals, MP VS OS

prgault
01-17-2012, 06:46 AM
I currently play with the MP, but last night I demoed an OS Head youtek of some sort and felt a little more confident, especially serving but also when a hit a good stroke (i.e. watched the damn ball...) and got a more power. Question is, how do the LM Radical OS's compare to the MP's. I have never used an OS and I really like radicals, but think as I am getting older I could use a little extra help...

P_

LeeD
01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Use the one you like.
I'm 62, have 2 MP' LM's, and find the racket's lightweight and nice stiffness, but maybe a little too head heavy.
Switched to 3 Dunlop 200's, now 500's, and find something in between might be the best overall for my game...long medium speed swings mostly.
OS is nice for shots hard to line up, but bad for the easy shots as it seems to take AWAY power and precision. Spin serves, fine, flat serves, go slow.
Depends if your game relies on reacting fetches, or first strike offense.

RyKnocks
01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I owned an LM Rad MP for a while and my friend uses the OS version. The LM Rad feels more harsh than the OS version. The OS version definitely feels more plush and cups the ball a bit better. You can also get away with higher string tensions without the racquet feeling so stiff with the OS.

If I ever went back to the LM Rad I'd get the OS and string it high with a multi.