PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a bad place right now (racket wise)

Top Jimmy
01-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I know these are boring reads but I'm lost.

Played with players type frame most of life (PS 85, FPK, KBlade Tour) but recently (1 year ago) did a 180 and tried and liked an APD GT.

My forehand became much, much, much more consistent, volleys were effortless with the APD. On the flip side, I lost MPH and consistency on my serve with many more double faults now and I couldn't drive the one-hander quite as well.

So I tried a Youtek Prestige Mid-plus this week at a tournament for fun. Started bombing serves again and I felt I could drive my one handed backhand better. But lost the forgiving nature on forehands and volleys the APD provides.

I think it is the head-light balance I like for serving like the wilson's and prestige but the forgiving nature of the APD line.

Is there anything that combines those two? Radicals seem more even balanced for example.

The closest spec wise is the Yonex Vcore V95D. Are there others like that I should be looking at? 6+ HL, 11.5+ oz.

Power Player
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
You could try buying a Pure Drive, which is similar to the APD but serves better, and then put some lead in the buttcap to rebalance it. I did that to my APDCs, and they played a lot better.

Or you could try the BLX 6.1 16x18. It has the control of the Prestige, balance and power you want, and is one of the best serving sticks out there. It is not as easy to use as an apdc, but it is more powerful than the Prestige.

Top Jimmy
01-17-2012, 10:48 AM
You could try buying a Pure Drive, which is similar to the APD but serves better, and then put some lead in the buttcap to rebalance it. I did that to my APDCs, and they played a lot better.

Or you could try the BLX 6.1 16x18. It has the control of the Prestige, balance and power you want, and is one of the best serving sticks out there. It is not as easy to use as an apdc, but it is more powerful than the Prestige.

Noted, thanks!