PDA

View Full Version : PDRC (pre-GT) vs. New 2012 PDR? Anyone try them?

LanEvo
01-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey guys, I currently use a pair of PDR Cortex from a few years back, I skipped on the GT series because I did not like them as much, but can anyone who has tried it give me a comparison? I know it it still early and TW is only pre-ordering, but this is what will help me decide if I should get new stick or now. Any advice or feedback would greatly help. I will Demo for sure when they come out, but would like some first hand feedback from the members here.

ArliHawk
01-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I demoed it at my local shop, and it felt a lot easier on the arm than the blue one. The Babolat Rep said the people at Babolat wanted it to feel like the Swirly PD

newton296
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
why not the volkl pb815? its basically the PDR but with more spin, feel, and control. probably easier on the arm too.

LanEvo
01-17-2012, 04:47 PM
I demoed it at my local shop, and it felt a lot easier on the arm than the blue one. The Babolat Rep said the people at Babolat wanted it to feel like the Swirly PD

Sounds good, I will definitely need to demo it, although I don't have a problem with it on my arms as I use relatively soft string.

LanEvo
01-17-2012, 04:48 PM
why not the volkl pb815? its basically the PDR but with more spin, feel, and control. probably easier on the arm too.

Babolat fan is all I can say, LOL. Well the PDRC is really the first racquet I have actually stuck with this long, so I really wanna continue using it.

ArliHawk
01-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I think I'd string it with a multi or gut.

I stuck with the APDGT, but I always keep it in multi.

Yourtenniscoach
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Original PDR - Hollow, tinny & unstable at times.
2012 PDR - Solid, less vibration, softer feeling.

LanEvo
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM

That sounds good, although I don't get the tinny and hollow part about the original PDR, it is definitely unstable when I frame or hit it at certain parts of the frame, usually edges, but no complaints with it. However, if the new PDR is definitely improved, I will pick up a pair.

Nojoke
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM

where would PDR GT fit in this equation?

Yourtenniscoach
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
where would PDR GT fit in this equation?

The PDT GT is a step up from the original but the 2012 PDR takes the cake IMO. The PDR was a great frame for me before I moved to the APD GT.