PDA

View Full Version : how to balance blx 6.1 95 after switching to leather grip

tyu1314
01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I never use leather grip before, and would like to try it. I know that the leather grip is a bit heavier than the one that came with the blx six one 95 16x18 (pro hybrid ).
I dont mind that my racquet would be heavier but i dont want to change the balance of the racquet.
Do anyone know how heavy is the wilson leather grip? and how much heavier is it comparing to the wilson pro hybrid, so i know exact amount of lead tape that i need.
And where to place the lead tape to counter balance and maintain the original balance.

UCSF2012
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I never use leather grip before, and would like to try it. I know that the leather grip is a bit heavier than the one that came with the blx six one 95 16x18 (pro hybrid ).
I dont mind that my racquet would be heavier but i dont want to change the balance of the racquet.
Do anyone know how heavy is the wilson leather grip? and how much heavier is it comparing to the wilson pro hybrid, so i know exact amount of lead tape that i need.
And where to place the lead tape to counter balance and maintain the original balance.

There is nothing magical about the racket's balance. You need not maintain it at all cost. When you start adding lead, you start to lose the racket's whip. Whip is what sets the 6.1 95 apart. Just use it with the leather grip.