PDA

View Full Version : Seamless Uppers

retrowagen
01-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Are there any shoes on the market with seamless uppers (e.g., the inside of the shoe is smooth and has no visible seams)? Over the last 30 years of playing tennis, I have always had rubbing issues, particularly in the toe box, of my tennis shoes. Some of the Adidas line in the mid-80's (such as the Grand Prix and Tennis Spezial boot) were almost seamless inside, but quite smooth. Now I can't seem to find anything that doesn't tear up my feet with uneven seams...

The technology exists in the athletic shoe world; I have some Pearl Izumi trail runners that have a true seamless upper...
:confused:

cltennis21
01-18-2012, 01:27 PM
The new barricade is supposed to have a seemless upper but havent tried one out myself. I'm sure there are more shoes as well

retrowagen
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
The new barricade is supposed to have a seemless upper but havent tried one out myself. I'm sure there are more shoes as well

Interesting... perhaps I'll have to try a pair. Historically, I've avoided all the Barricades after the original model, finding them too heavy and clunky. The most recent pair of Adidas shoes (Team Competitions, in early 2011) lent me a case of plantar fasciitis, not cool.

NJ1
01-18-2012, 04:40 PM
B7s are the choice for a seamless upper. I'd avoid the Teams personally.

PhotoBlue
01-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah seamless uppers is supposedly present on the B7s, I guess it's the new trend??

gramdacious
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
It's pretty slick, my wife and I both have the new Barricades and they are indeed a seamless upper. The way they fuse the different pieces together is sweet.