PDA

View Full Version : Wilson prostaff 100 blx thoughts

Fed6.1
01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm looking at a prostaff 100 and a pure drive 2012 but I was just wondering what people thoughts are in terms of power and control of the prostaff and is it to light. I also like the stifness rating of 65 but i am just worried about the weight that it will be to light and a little unstable.

corners
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm looking at a prostaff 100 and a pure drive 2012 but I was just wondering what people thoughts are in terms of power and control of the prostaff and is it to light. I also like the stifness rating of 65 but i am just worried about the weight that it will be to light and a little unstable.

It just depends on what you like. There is no such thing as too light, but it might be too light for you. However, the Pure Drive is only marginally heavier and has only a bit higher swinweight. 5-10 grams of lead on the Prostaff 100 would get close to the same Pure Drive specs. But I haven't played the 100 so I don't know how it would compare to the Pure Drive so modified. Probably not quite as poweful because of the flex difference, but we're talking pretty small differences - maybe it would hit about 1mph slower than the Bab. The point of the PS100 is box beam feel. If you like that you might feel that losing 1mph is worth it. Otherwise, probably not.

Demo.

couch
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM

Haven't hit with the PS 100 yet but I would imagine it's going to be a lot less powerful than the Pure Drive. If you are looking for something in between the Pure Drive and the PS 100 try the Steam. I'm not a big fan of the paint scheme but the racquet offers good power and spin with more control than a Pure Drive.