PDA

View Full Version : Marcos Bagdhatis' Racquet

justinyyang
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I thought that he uses Tecnifibre racquets?

What are these blue ones that he was destroying earlier today? Looks nothing like what Technifibre has to offer unless they've been given a custom paint job. Is it a prototype racquet? Has he switched to a new company?

Here's a video of him destroying a few of them earlier today at the Australian Open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mM02295xo88

I'm sure that some of you would know.

Thank you. :D

Bartelby
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
theyre fischer racquets originally

justinyyang
01-18-2012, 04:49 PM
theyre fischer racquets originally

Are you saying that he's playing with Fischers disguised as Technifibres? Or what? I thought Fischer got bought out by Pacific anyways?

Please explain.

Thank you. :)

DeShaun
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I really feel bad for him when I see him doing that because he is normally such a happy seeming person that seeing him burst out like that, it kinda hurts to think that one of the good guys might be going through something in his private life that's very difficult to process/manage at the moment, and that's spilling over/contaminating his public image, I sincerely hope he's okay.

Bartelby
01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
They're supposed to be what are now Pacific x force pro racquets with a 25 23 20 beam.

Tecnifibre made a version of this racquet for a while, but not on the current playlist.

couch
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I think it's time for a change. :-)

tennisinoc
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Yea I think he's probably going to be demoing some of these new lines coming out this year. Welcome to the club Mr. B.

Too bad he didn't give those away vs. destroying them.
The PJ looked nice. What a waste.

Nostradamus
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Didn't like Pacific rackets. very small sweet spot and unforgiving. Marcos need to go to Head or Wilson rackets. Or even Yonex. he will be top 10 player again if he does.

Overheadsmash
01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Didn't like Pacific rackets. very small sweet spot and unforgiving. Marcos need to go to Head or Wilson rackets. Or even Yonex. he will be top 10 player again if he does.

Stan was making great shots with his new Yonex.

Did he lose his Technifibre sponsorship? I guess so - he has played that 315 speedflex for a while now and I was surprised to not see the triangle on his strings or the Zeus/Lightning Bolt graphics on the frame.

dr325i
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Are you saying that he's playing with Fischers disguised as Technifibres? Or what? I thought Fischer got bought out by Pacific anyways?

Please explain.

Thank you. :)

Discussed a lot in the Pro Gear Section....where it belongs...
Same racket he had for years now (Fischer), no TF sponsorshiop, so, painted blue with the Cyprus flag on it...

Ross K
01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Marcos has played a Fischer VT Pro 98 beneath various pjs going back to his junior days, I believe.

BTW, It's a superb racket imo. Swings very sweetly. Excellent build quality. Slightly on the stiff side (but mine has lots of lead on the hoop), yet still has marvelous feel indeed. Great all around frame from what I recall.

If anyone else has played one I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

Nostradamus
01-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Marcos has played a Fischer VT Pro 98 beneath various pjs going back to his junior days, I believe.

BTW, It's a superb racket imo. Swings very sweetly. Excellent build quality. Slightly on the stiff side (but mine has lots of lead on the hoop), yet still has marvelous feel indeed. Great all around frame from what I recall.

If anyone else has played one I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

It is a great control frame. very dampened feel and yet you get great feedback from the string bed so you are able to excute touch shots with ease. Pinpoint accuracy to the corners. If you have 2-handed backhand, this racket really rewards you with power and accuracy.