PDA

View Full Version : lead tape with maxply mcenroe

lgbalfa
01-18-2012, 06:29 PM
i am reaching out to maxply mcenroe graphite users to see what they have done to their racquets with lead tape, etc..

i am considering making mine a little more head light but wanted to get some feedback from fellow users.

thanks

crazyups
01-18-2012, 10:53 PM
I have 3 grams of lead tape total at around 10 and 2, and the rest in the handle although I don't remember exactly what material I put in the handle since that part of the customization was done years ago. But total weight is 12 ounces. I do use tourna grip and full poly. Balance is 3 light. That weight and swingweight is probably more than most maxply users have but I need it. I do hope that the biomimetic mcenroe is a bit heavier. Anyways, great racquet, holy grail material. Now it is quite stiff but I like firm racquets and I feel they have better directional control. Now my problem is that I only have one since it took me about 7 years to find what I needed and that happened only about 3 months ago even though I bought it 7 years ago. What happened is that I grew into it as I kept improving so I am more able to handle my specs well. I feel it is not stable enough without the weight.