PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new stick

monticore
01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
i started playing tennis again after 20 years , i never did play that much or was into the gear itself but i found myself being fairly competitive in the club i joined this year and would like to join again.

but the problem is i started having shoulder issues near the end of the year i had just randomly chosen the wilson k pro open as my comeback raquet and i liked the results combined with head rip control 17. from what i have read this set up might be a bit stiff .

could anybody recommend similar spec raquet but with a bit softer combo, the depth and spin seemed like a perfect match for my game so hoping for similar results without having to test out a bunch of new strings.

cory

Ashley D
01-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I just finished up testing the Boris Becker Delta Core Pro.
100sq inch head size, open string pattern of 16 x 18, similar weight to the K pro open.

But if you want to protect your shoulder you might be better off with something more flexy and head light.

Head Microgel Radical is very comfy, but denser string pattern and a little lower powered. Awesome racket though.

i started playing tennis again after 20 years , i never did play that much or was into the gear itself but i found myself being fairly competitive in the club i joined this year and would like to join again.

but the problem is i started having shoulder issues near the end of the year i had just randomly chosen the wilson k pro open as my comeback raquet and i liked the results combined with head rip control 17. from what i have read this set up might be a bit stiff .

could anybody recommend similar spec raquet but with a bit softer combo, the depth and spin seemed like a perfect match for my game so hoping for similar results without having to test out a bunch of new strings.

cory

anhuynh16
01-18-2012, 07:31 PM
try the new radicals or maybe the pure storms?

drkplayer122
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
+1 for the rad!