PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played with Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Lite and Yonex RD Ti 80 Lite

nikosrf
01-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Anyone played with Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Lite and Yonex RD Ti 80 Lite?
Could you post any comments?
Are they so far from their havier brothers?

I am about to change raquets and i don;t have luck to demo.
My latest stick is the Head Yoytek Prestige MP. I like all about it except the pain that gives me in my elbow. So i am thinking to go for a flexier stick and maybe drop a littlebit in weight. The Biomimetic 200 (the havier version) is allmost like the Prestige with a little more swingweight and that gets me worried...(so is the havier version of the RD Ti)..

Thanks in advance

XFactorer
01-19-2012, 10:57 PM
The Ti80 Lite is basically the same stick as the heavier version. That's all I can really say.

edwincen
01-19-2012, 11:41 PM
The Ti80 Lite is basically the same stick as the heavier version. That's all I can really say.

what do you think if we replace Ti80 lite grip with leather one?

nikosrf
01-20-2012, 08:42 AM
but, does it play like the havier? is it possible with different swingweight?

scx
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
In the last few months I've played with Vcore 98 and few days ago I've bought RD TI 80 Lite. It's strung with the same string as the Vcore racquets. Hopefully I'll try it tomorrow...

vegasgt3
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
The regular Dunlop 200 is one of the easiest rackets on the arm I've ever played with it has a flex of 57 which is about one of the flexiest rackets made. It is heavy, but that protects the elbow. The Yonex feels much lighter between the two and is also vey nice on the arm.

Demo, both are fantastic choices.

nikosrf
01-21-2012, 01:07 AM
The regular Dunlop 200 is one of the easiest rackets on the arm I've ever played with it has a flex of 57 which is about one of the flexiest rackets made. It is heavy, but that protects the elbow. The Yonex feels much lighter between the two and is also vey nice on the arm.

Demo, both are fantastic choices.

vegasgt3, are you talking about the regular frames? not the light ones?

nikosrf
01-21-2012, 01:09 AM
In the last few months I've played with Vcore 98 and few days ago I've bought RD TI 80 Lite. It's strung with the same string as the Vcore racquets. Hopefully I'll try it tomorrow...

Looking forward to hear your opinion :) Have you played with another Yonex? RDiS 100 MP, RDiS200MP, RDS001Mp or even Head YT Prestige MP to compare with?

Ten_nuts
01-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Anyone played with Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Lite and Yonex RD Ti 80 Lite?
Could you post any comments?
Are they so far from their havier brothers?

I am about to change raquets and i don;t have luck to demo.
My latest stick is the Head Yoytek Prestige MP. I like all about it except the pain that gives me in my elbow. So i am thinking to go for a flexier stick and maybe drop a littlebit in weight. The Biomimetic 200 (the havier version) is allmost like the Prestige with a little more swingweight and that gets me worried...(so is the havier version of the RD Ti)..

Thanks in advance

If your current racquet is the Head Prestige MP, i suggest you don't switch to Bio. 200 Lite or Yonex Ti 80 Lite. 1st of all, these 2 sticks are too light comparing to your current racquet. The Bio. 200 Lite is a great racquet with low power, very accurate weapon to place the balls where you want to, beautiful paint job. In your case, don't touch this Bio. 200 Lite because of the low swing weight and very stiff frame will give you tennis elbow quicker. If you have in mind trying the Yonex Ti 80 Lite, i suggest you try the Yonex RdiS 200 (heavy version) which is much much better in every way comparing to the Ti 80 Lite. I recalled the Ti 80 Lite is way too soft and it vibrates alot when return hard hitter. I think the Ti 80 Lite is the old Ultimum Ti 80 Lite with only new paint job. This frame has thin beams and very flexible and not stable too.
If you feel the pain in your elbow, i suggest you stop playing tennis for now. Take 2, 3 weeks off and use Icy Hot as many times in a day as you can to get rid of the pain 1st. After that, try thinner, softer string on your Prestige mp for a few months. If the Prestige Mp is your tennis elbow nightmare that you really want to switch, i suggest the new Head IG Radical Pro. This racquet has low stiffness, very high swing weight make it a very stable frame to hit. You will like this new Head racquet. Take care!

nikosrf
01-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Ten_nuts,
thanks for your reply.
I have the RDiS 200 but i found it has more power and plays havier than its characteristics. I have th PK ionic Ki5 with similar weight and swingweight but plays lighter, in which i couldn't find even the power of the Prestige.
I was thinking of the lighter RD Ti and 200 because i saw the new Prestige's swing weight is similar to those sticks (311) but with more weight. In addition i thought i could gain some maneuverability with lighter frames...
Another frame i concider is the Yonex Vcore 95D..same characteristics as the Prestige YT MP..

BTW. The pain in my elbow comes after the game, not when playing.

vegasgt3
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM
vegasgt3, are you talking about the regular frames? not the light ones?

Yep, the regular Bio 200. I never tried the light one.

Ten_nuts
01-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Ten_nuts,
thanks for your reply.
I have the RDiS 200 but i found it has more power and plays havier than its characteristics. I have th PK ionic Ki5 with similar weight and swingweight but plays lighter, in which i couldn't find even the power of the Prestige.
I was thinking of the lighter RD Ti and 200 because i saw the new Prestige's swing weight is similar to those sticks (311) but with more weight. In addition i thought i could gain some maneuverability with lighter frames...
Another frame i concider is the Yonex Vcore 95D..same characteristics as the Prestige YT MP..

BTW. The pain in my elbow comes after the game, not when playing.

You are getting there buddy because the pain is developing little by little, until you feel the pain and you will have to stop playing. If you can demo the Ti 80 Lite, it's great because you can see how soft it is. A very flexible racquet that has thin beams and low swing weight --> vibrates alot. You and i mighr have the same problem: i can't play with racquet that have stiffness higher than 64. The Prestige MP is slightly heavy for me. I go for the Radical MP and add lead tape at 2 & 10 and on handle to make it around 11.7 oz strung with 5, 6 points headlight. I always use Luxilon ALU Power Rough at 52 lbs. No more feeling pain in the elbow, no more shoulder soar, and i play 2 to 3 hours each day, 5 days a week. I found this setup after trying a buch of different racquets from Dunlop, Yonex, Pro Kennex, Wilson, Head, Volkl... (you can tell by checking my history of selling in the sale forum with tons of racquets). I don't know if you are good enough to adapt new racquets quickly but you should pay attention to the racquet's stiffness.

nikosrf
01-21-2012, 01:23 PM
You are getting there buddy because the pain is developing little by little, until you feel the pain and you will have to stop playing. If you can demo the Ti 80 Lite, it's great because you can see how soft it is. A very flexible racquet that has thin beams and low swing weight --> vibrates alot. You and i mighr have the same problem: i can't play with racquet that have stiffness higher than 64. The Prestige MP is slightly heavy for me. I go for the Radical MP and add lead tape at 2 & 10 and on handle to make it around 11.7 oz strung with 5, 6 points headlight. I always use Luxilon ALU Power Rough at 52 lbs. No more feeling pain in the elbow, no more shoulder soar, and i play 2 to 3 hours each day, 5 days a week. I found this setup after trying a buch of different racquets from Dunlop, Yonex, Pro Kennex, Wilson, Head, Volkl... (you can tell by checking my history of selling in the sale forum with tons of racquets). I don't know if you are good enough to adapt new racquets quickly but you should pay attention to the racquet's stiffness.

I like flexier racquets and always trying to play with...But, allthough YT Prestige Mp has a stifness of 63 (not a stiff frame), is sweet some times, but sometimes vibrates like 70..

I am more to the Dunlop 200 for now..i hope to be able to swing it. Or the 200 lite with lead tape. Also if the new IG prestige MP is gentlier with the arm is a good option.
Many talk about the Prince EXO 03 Tour too..

still thinking and seraching