PDA

View Full Version : CAPping Radicals spec question

Seth
01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I've been interested in purchasing an older (LM or MG) Radical and slapping a leather grip and some CAP grommets on it.

A couple of questions for those of you who know how to calculate specs.

Let's take the MG specs, for starters:

Midplus Specs
Head Size:
98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11oz / 312g
Balance: 2pts Head Light
Swingweight: 315
Stiffness: 57
Beam Width: 21 mm Straight Beam
Composition: Microgel / Graphite
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: HydroSorb
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 9T,8H,10H
Two Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

With a leather grip, I know it will affect the static weight and balance. Will it alter the swing weight? If so, by how much?

Now, assuming I've added a leather grip, how would the specs change if I were to install CAPs (static weight, balance, swing weight)?

I appreciate any answers. I know several of you have carried out these same modifications to Radicals, and I hope you'll be able to help. I'm far from a customization wizard :oops:.

in_ten_city
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
TWU has a calculator for this, check out http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/customizationReverse.php

pheonix6579
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Cant say much about the MG Radical but I CAPed and slapped a leather grip on a YT and the difference is VERY noticeable. Mine ended up being 12.5oz total with overgrip and rubberband dampener. Static weight wasn't and issue, but the swing weight made a big jump my best guess 340s-350s. But the thing is a solid beast. SO solid and very comfortable, just destroys the ball.