PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet?

Captain Tezuka
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm 5 feet 857⁄64 inches tall 18 years old and I've used my racquet for around two years. Is it time to switch? My current racquet is the Wilson Ncode Nflash. Specs: Tension - 50-60lbs, Length - 27.25 IN, Weight - 9.2 Oz, Headsize - 103 SQ IN, Balance - 12pts H, Pattern - 16 X 20, SI - 6.0, Strings - MICRO-DRY CRIPS & NXT Strings.

Should I go heavier? What racquets do you recommend? I think I'm progessing to be an all rounder my baseline play could be better.

Thanks

Captain Tezuka
01-22-2012, 05:00 AM
I've basically narrowed my options down to three racquets.

whomad15
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
9oz and 12points headheavy? How have you not hurt yourself

Get something around 11oz and 100" headsize. Watch the stiffness

Fuji
01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
What level are you playing at? I think I missed it, that will really help to decide.

Honestly, the Juice PRO seems right up your alley. It's a bit softer, similar length to what you are using, and lot heavier with a ton more stability.

Just my 2 cents. It's too bad you're narrowed down to those three already. There are a few other rackets I would recommend over those in a heart beat. :)

-Fuji

Captain Tezuka
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
9oz and 12points headheavy? How have you not hurt yourself

Get something around 11oz and 100" headsize. Watch the stiffness

Whomad15

Thanks for the information. Yeah I think it might have caused some trouble my arm is kind of hurting so I'm resting it. Just some soreness.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-22-2012, 08:27 PM
What level are you playing at? I think I missed it, that will really help to decide.

Honestly, the Juice PRO seems right up your alley. It's a bit softer, similar length to what you are using, and lot heavier with a ton more stability.

Just my 2 cents. It's too bad you're narrowed down to those three already. There are a few other rackets I would recommend over those in a heart beat. :)

-Fuji

Fuji

Thanks for the post. Well since I'm in Australia and there is a rating system trust me but I haven't been through it and well I gave you as much info as I thought would be useful since I don't really have a rating so its kind of hard to you know give false information and talk about something you don't know.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS! As I said in my first post recommendations are helpful and well to tell you the truth the selection was just from looking at specs I haven't even gone to a pro shop to let them help yet so keep the recommendations coming. That's what I should've told everyone who voted to do tell me why?

Thanks so much

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Hello everyone,

To ALL voters who vote in the poll if it is not too much trouble please post a reason as to why you vote for a particular racquet.

It would be very much appreciated thanks.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Fuji according to the Experienced Players Guidelines. A Highschool player may not self rate himeself below 3.0. However I think maybe I leaning towards being 3.5.

High school tennis athlete may not self-rate below 3.0 and will be higher if they participated in post season play.

This player has achieved
improved stroke
dependability with
directional control on
moderate shots, but still
lacks depth and variety.
This player exhibits more
aggressive net play, has
improved court coverage,
and is developing
teamwork in doubles.

I definitely think I'm not up to 4.0 yet but with work maybe.

ZeroSkid
01-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone,

To ALL voters who vote in the poll if it is not too much trouble please post a reason as to why you vote for a particular racquet.

It would be very much appreciated thanks.

-Tezuka

does it have to be wilson and only these 3?

Andyroo10567
01-22-2012, 09:01 PM
I would suggest the BLX Prostaff 6.1 100, reason why is because 9.2oz to 11oz + might be a big hop for you to adjust to. Even the BLX Prostaff 6.1 100 is a major thing to adjust to. I would suggest the Dunlop Biomimetic 600 Lite or Head Youtek IG Radical S. I'm guessing your only sticking to wilsons based on your choices there, but these are always an option.

ZeroSkid
01-22-2012, 09:04 PM
anything but the juice

Fuji
01-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Fuji

Thanks for the post. Well since I'm in Australia and there is a rating system trust me but I haven't been through it and well I gave you as much info as I thought would be useful since I don't really have a rating so its kind of hard to you know give false information and talk about something you don't know.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS! As I said in my first post recommendations are helpful and well to tell you the truth the selection was just from looking at specs I haven't even gone to a pro shop to let them help yet so keep the recommendations coming. That's what I should've told everyone who voted to do tell me why?

Thanks so much

-Tezuka

Okay! :) I'm just going to recycle a post I made a few months ago that is my general recommendations to any player within 3.5-5.0! A few people have found it helpful...

Depending on your price range....

Higher End of the Price range:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babolat_AeroPro_Drive_GT/descpageRCBAB-BAPDGT.html

It's actually quite a solid racket, offers plenty of spin and great for baseliners. The only thing is the price, and it is a bit stiff at 70 points.

Medium Range:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/ProKennex_Kinetic_Pro_5G_Classic_Racquets/descpageRCPK-P5G2.html

It's got a good head size, good amount of power, good on the arm, and it's just an all around good racket. It's comfortable and great for both baseliners and net players.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Boris_Becker_Delta_Core_London/descpageRCVOLKL-BBDCL.html

The Boris Becker London. I've only hit with this frame a few times, and there are a few people that are EXPERTS on this frame. It's for sure a jack of all trades, and quite comfortable to hit with. If you do a quick search, there is tons of info on this frame.

Lowest Price: (AKA Best deals)

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_300_3Hundred/descpageRCDUNLOP-D4D3T.html

Dunlop 300 series! It's not overly heavy, useful for any type of game, and you can use it for a LONG time before you'll outgrow it. It doesn't offer as much power as the others, but you can really swing hard and it will keep the ball in.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_MicroGEL_Radical_Midplus/descpageRCHEAD-HMGRAD.html

Head MicroGel Radical MidPlus. I can recommend this frame to almost ANY player, and they will enjoy it. It is basically the frame that literally any player can play with and grow with. It's one of my favorite all time frames, and it helps avoid any elbow problems. I cannot recommend this frame enough.

Now I saw that you like Wilson frames, here are a few I could recommend...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_K_Factor_Kobra_Team_FX/descpageRCWILSON-KOBTM.html

Kobra Team FX: My lady actually just switched to it, and I hit with it a few times. It's such a comfortable hit, and it's got a fair bit of power behind it's shots. I really enjoy this Wilson. Plus the price is excellent.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_K_Factor_KBlade_98/descpageRCWILSON-KBLD98.html#spec

K Blade 98: A great frame, but a bit on the stiffer end of the spectrum! It's really good for baseliners, and it's got a fair bit of power. The BLX Blade is a bit more "firm." I much preferred the K Blade 98.

If you have any questions on any of this, just let me know! I know it's a lot to take in, but I showed you the whole spectrum of frames really. (Different stiffness', but all around 100 square inches which is solid, and all around 11.0oz which is a solid weight which can be customized later!)

-Fuji

EDIT: I'd also like to add the Prince EXO3 Tour 100, in either string pattern. It's a sweet stick that's ultra plush and loaded with control. Great for baseliners, but not the best feel for the net. The comfort really can't be beat however.

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 01:40 AM
I would suggest the BLX Prostaff 6.1 100, reason why is because 9.2oz to 11oz + might be a big hop for you to adjust to. Even the BLX Prostaff 6.1 100 is a major thing to adjust to. I would suggest the Dunlop Biomimetic 600 Lite or Head Youtek IG Radical S. I'm guessing your only sticking to wilsons based on your choices there, but these are always an option.

Andyroo10567

would suggest? do you mean wouldn't suggest its a bit confusing but I do see what you mean. Hm well idk I'm just seeing what others think in the end its up to me and I might stick with my current racquet. However some people think its too light.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 02:01 AM
does it have to be wilson and only these 3?

ZeroSkid

I like Wilson as I have basically used the brand all my life with some exceptions and I like the quality of their racquets. However I am open to any suggestions. In the end it will be my choice, but a variety of suggestions will help me to best choose the racquet that is right for me that's why I posted this thread and was a bit dissapointed when I had no posts after two days. Guess I'm impatient. I would like any racquet recommended to have similar specs to my current model with perhaps a smaller headsize. Also bear in mind I recently have developed some arm problems. :confused: :cry:

Tim
01-23-2012, 02:13 AM
You should give the Wilson BLX Blade Team a shot it is light but much softer than your current racquet, should help with the arm soreness and is a solid racquet.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm 5 feet 857⁄64 inches tall 18 years old and I've used my racquet for around two years. Is it time to switch? My current racquet is the Wilson Ncode Nflash. Specs: Tension - 50-60lbs, Length - 27.25 IN, Weight - 9.2 Oz, Headsize - 103 SQ IN, Balance - 12pts H, Pattern - 16 X 20, SI - 6.0, Strings - MICRO-DRY CRIPS & NXT Strings.

Should I go heavier? What racquets do you recommend? I think I'm progessing to be an all rounder my baseline play could be better.

Thanks

Wait wtf. 5 feet 875 whats what. 5 feet and 8.75 inches? or 64 inches?

Depending on what level you are you get different suggestions.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 02:28 AM
ZeroSkid

I like Wilson as I have basically used the brand all my life with some exceptions and I like the quality of their racquets. However I am open to any suggestions. In the end it will be my choice, but a variety of suggestions will help me to best choose the racquet that is right for me that's why I posted this thread and was a bit dissapointed when I had no posts after two days. Guess I'm impatient. I would like any racquet recommended to have similar specs to my current model with perhaps a smaller headsize. Also bear in mind I recently have developed some arm problems. :confused: :cry:

Quality of their racquets? If you love quality give Yonex a try. Wilson have terrible quality control, but decent quality (no cracks and stuff).

You should try Wilson Tour, Pro Open. Go for BLX's with the price drops since you would be changing to a heavier racquet yet again when you improve/get stronger.

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Quality of their racquets? If you love quality give Yonex a try. Wilson have terrible quality control, but decent quality (no cracks and stuff).

You should try Wilson Tour, Pro Open. Go for BLX's with the price drops since you would be changing to a heavier racquet yet again when you improve/get stronger.

Chyeaah

Ok well about the 5 foot thing I kind of just inputted 175 cm into Google and made it convert into feet so... idk man but I'm around 1m 75cm so yeah um... its hard because most of you guys live in the US and I only sometimes see people here that live in Australia and maybe not even in Victoria.

By the Wilson Tour do you mean like e.g. nTour and [K]Tour because with BLX I think the Tour is now the Juice and Steam lines. Oh and the BLX are dropping over here right now so yeah. I mean I do have a racquet already but I don't really have a backup and so this is what the thread is about.

Fuji
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
All of my racket suggestions, minus the APDGT are Arm savers! :) Pro Kennix and even Dunlop are famous for comfort. The MG Radical MP Is super comfy and arm friendly with a low flex, and it's a bit smaller head size to grow in to! :)

-Fuji

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Chyeaah

Ok well about the 5 foot thing I kind of just inputted 175 cm into Google and made it convert into feet so... idk man but I'm around 1m 75cm so yeah um... its hard because most of you guys live in the US and I only sometimes see people here that live in Australia and maybe not even in Victoria.

By the Wilson Tour do you mean like e.g. nTour and [K]Tour because with BLX I think the Tour is now the Juice and Steam lines. Oh and the BLX are dropping over here right now so yeah. I mean I do have a racquet already but I don't really have a backup and so this is what the thread is about.

Try to demo. The Juice and Steam are now expensive as crap while the old BLX's are like $129. The Tour as in the blue and orange one and the BLX Pro Open (which is just like a pure drive).

Maybe you could pick up a 100S or Ezone 100 ($170 and $149). The Exo3 Tour is really expensive at ($229).

You should drop your current racquet and pick one of the suggested ones, lighter racquets to seem to be harder on the arm.

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Try to demo. The Juice and Steam are now expensive as crap while the old BLX's are like $129. The Tour as in the blue and orange one and the BLX Pro Open (which is just like a pure drive).

Maybe you could pick up a 100S or Ezone 100 ($170 and $149). The Exo3 Tour is really expensive at ($229).

You should drop your current racquet and pick one of the suggested ones, lighter racquets to seem to be harder on the arm.

Hi Chyeaah,

Hm are those prices in aussie dollars? Oh really well as long as I can play well with it and it doesn't put any more stress on my arm. What's the swingweight I wonder...?

Most of the old BLX is discounted. :D I will see what happens maybe I should print this page out and take it with me to the store so I don't forget or write the racquets down somewhere.

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi Chyeaah,

Hm are those prices in aussie dollars? Oh really well as long as I can play well with it and it doesn't put any more stress on my arm. What's the swingweight I wonder...?

Most of the old BLX is discounted. :D I will see what happens maybe I should print this page out and take it with me to the store so I don't forget or write the racquets down somewhere.

-Tezuka

If you live in Vic. Theres 2 Major Shops.

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Check out top serve tennis website they have decent prices on old blxs and their prices on aeropros aren't to bad considering you can't buy babolats to get delivered overseas from tw.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Check out top serve tennis website they have decent prices on old blxs and their prices on aeropros aren't to bad considering you can't buy babolats to get delivered overseas from tw.

You know nothing about tennis shops in Australia.

Give me your e-mail OP. Can't advertise here.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Chyeaah,

-Tezuka

What part of Australia do you live in?

Yea those are Ozzie Dollars.

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 06:43 PM

I know that racquets are overpriced in aus. Why do u want my email? Captain Tezuka if u get a prostaff 100 blx I would love to know your thoughts are.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I know that racquets are overpriced in aus. Why do u want my email? Captain Tezuka if u get a prostaff 100 blx I would love to know your thoughts are.

i said O.P... Read.

If you know where to get your stuff and know the discounts you can get it the same price as on TWU

The trick in Aus is to never get the new racquets since they never have discounts on them. Get the older ones, that still play very well for 70-100 dollars less. The new racquets aren't worth it unless your a racquet freak, their just the old racquets with amplifeel (useless) and new paintjobs.

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM

Hi Chyeaah,

ok well to answer both your posts.

I live in Victoria.

tennis-tensai_seigaku@hotmail.com is my main email and DON'T question the naming of it please?

Thanks for all the help you have been great.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Hi Fed6.1,

Haha yeah see waht happens joining the people with the PS line. Idk somehow when I looked at the racquet I was like omg I got to have it due to the boxbeam and sick pj! But logic says don't go there for a while until you get better although everyone seems to like it judging by the poll results. :D

I'll PM you the results IF I get it. I'll demo it and tell you what I think ok?

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 08:38 PM
the 100 is terrible if you go PS try 95. the 100 beam is too fat for a pro staff. Imo the 95 would be the best pro staff, since its user friendly because they reduced the weight and it has a nice thin 17mm beam which cuts through the air so fast.

I recommend the VCore 100S (i always do when they look for a PD clone) but in your case, its perfect. Although theres a lack of stability when vsing 4.5 hardhitters or above it is perfectly stable at 4.0 level. And even when you get to 4.5 you can just lead it up 10 grams or so since the SW is so light at 306.

the 100S has a massive sweetspot which you rarely miss, its pretty light, at 312 grams and 306 SW and it is very very stable for its weight. The people who keep complaining about it's lack of stability, any 312 gram stick won't be as stable as this one. It's pretty powerful, depending on what you string it with. When you hit with the racquet it feels like your connected to the ball, you can get excellent feel and touch of the ball. The only downside of this racquet is the weight, which isn't an issue since you can lead it up and you don't need that extra weight anyways.

Captain Tezuka
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
the 100 is terrible if you go PS try 95. the 100 beam is too fat for a pro staff.

Hm ok well I too like that Roddick85 guy really haven't gone for such a small headsize but I guess making the switch should be ok I mean you have to do it if you want to improve. Hm so a 19mm/20mm/22mm width beam is too fat for a pro staff. I see.

Still I wonder if I can handle the weight/SW of the 95?

-Tezuka

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi Fed6.1,

Haha yeah see waht happens joining the people with the PS line. Idk somehow when I looked at the racquet I was like omg I got to have it due to the boxbeam and sick pj! But logic says don't go there for a while until you get better although everyone seems to like it judging by the poll results. :D

I'll PM you the results IF I get it. I'll demo it and tell you what I think ok?

-Tezuka

Hi tezuka that would be great if you demo it and tell me what you think! I am also considering this one and I am interested what people think. Thanks Fed6.1

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
the 100 is terrible if you go PS try 95. the 100 beam is too fat for a pro staff. Imo the 95 would be the best pro staff, since its user friendly because they reduced the weight and it has a nice thin 17mm beam which cuts through the air so fast.

Have u demoed the PS95? If so what were your thought and did it feel low powered.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Hm ok well I too like that Roddick85 guy really haven't gone for such a small headsize but I guess making the switch should be ok I mean you have to do it if you want to improve. Hm so a 19mm/20mm/22mm width beam is too fat for a pro staff. I see.

Still I wonder if I can handle the weight/SW of the 95?

-Tezuka

Get the V-Core 100S it's perfect for you.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Have u demoed the PS95? If so what were your thought and did it feel low powered.

Oh stop being lazy and demo it yourself or read the TW review. Demoing in Australia is hard. There are hardly any free courts and court hire is around $16 an hour for good courts. Ball Machine hire is way more expensive. And you only get 1 week with the racquet for demo.

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh stop being lazy and demo it yourself or read the TW review. Demoing in Australia is hard. There are hardly any free courts and court hire is around $16 an hour for good courts. Ball Machine hire is way more expensive. And you only get 1 week with the racquet for demo.

Wtf? What is your problem. I don't live in the city and we dont have a tennis shop so I can't just demo racquets and by the way where I live I can just play for free on plexi cushion courts so sucked in! I was just asking what the racquet is like if you have played with it.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Wtf? What is your problem. I don't live in the city and we dont have a tennis shop so I can't just demo racquets and by the way where I live I can just play for free on plexi cushion courts so sucked in! I was just asking what the racquet is like if you have played with it.

Theres only like a handful of shops in Australia where you can demo. If you live in America you should be able to demo with free shipping from TW. He obviously hasn't demoed it because if he has he would have stated that he has. At least you don't need to pay for court hire.

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Theres only like a handful of shops in Australia where you can demo. If you live in America you should be able to demo with free shipping from TW. He obviously hasn't demoed it because if he has he would have stated that he has. At least you don't need to pay for court hire.

I was asking you if you have played with the PS95.

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I was asking you if you have played with the PS95.

OH. OH. Sorry.

While i was getting my racquet restrung ive swung it. It swung really fast like a pure storm so i didnt bother demoing, My timing would be completely off. Theres only like 2 shops good in sydney where you can demo the latest racquets.

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
OH. OH. Sorry.

While i was getting my racquet restrung ive swung it. It swung really fast like a pure storm so i didnt bother demoing, My timing would be completely off. Theres only like 2 shops good in sydney where you can demo the latest racquets.

That's alright mate sorry about the comments before. Are you currently using a vcore 100s? because I'm really interested in this racquet. How does it play compared to a pure drive and aeropro?

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
That's alright mate sorry about the comments before. Are you currently using a vcore 100s? because I'm really interested in this racquet. How does it play compared to a pure drive and aeropro?

I can't be screwed writing a full review and posting it on here. Maybe tomorrow when it rains.

You can't really compare the 100S to an APD. The APD cuts through the air noticeably faster than the 100S. The APD is higher powered, good on groundstrokes if you hit with tons of spin. the APD sucks when you try to flatten out the shots unless you hit right in the middle of the sweetspot, and has a lack of touch and feel.

The 100S does way better the APD lacks and is just abit below what the APD is sucessful in.

The 100S is low powered, has tiny bit less spin, thats because the APD whips faster through the air. The 100S is slightly worse than the APD on spinning groundstrokes, just a tinybit because the APD you can swing faster = more spin. But what i find is that there is a bigger sweetspot on the 100S and you can really pound back a 2HBH faster than the APD since there is more control. But the 100S makes up for it since you can easily flatten out your shots.

The 100S has more control than the APD. 100000x better feel and touch and the flat serves are better, faster and easy to aim for the corners. The kick serves are better on the APD, but the 100S give better accuracy

I don't like to volley unless there is an obvious putaway but the 100S allows me to volley and control the volley when i do, it is really maneuverable.

The only downside is that im feeling the lack of stablility in the 100S which i can make up for with my usual lead setup.

IMO, APD is only good for baseline grinding. The 100S is not only good for baseline grinding but you can come closer in and pound that flat putaway shot

Fed6.1
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Cheers I'm thinking of getting one!

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 02:02 AM
I can't be screwed writing a full review and posting it on here. Maybe tomorrow when it rains.

You can't really compare the 100S to an APD. The APD cuts through the air noticeably faster than the 100S. The APD is higher powered, good on groundstrokes if you hit with tons of spin. the APD sucks when you try to flatten out the shots unless you hit right in the middle of the sweetspot, and has a lack of touch and feel.

The 100S does way better the APD lacks and is just abit below what the APD is sucessful in.

The 100S is low powered, has tiny bit less spin, thats because the APD whips faster through the air. The 100S is slightly worse than the APD on spinning groundstrokes, just a tinybit because the APD you can swing faster = more spin. But what i find is that there is a bigger sweetspot on the 100S and you can really pound back a 2HBH faster than the APD since there is more control. But the 100S makes up for it since you can easily flatten out your shots.

The 100S has more control than the APD. 100000x better feel and touch and the flat serves are better, faster and easy to aim for the corners. The kick serves are better on the APD, but the 100S give better accuracy

I don't like to volley unless there is an obvious putaway but the 100S allows me to volley and control the volley when i do, it is really maneuverable.

The only downside is that im feeling the lack of stablility in the 100S which i can make up for with my usual lead setup.

IMO, APD is only good for baseline grinding. The 100S is not only good for baseline grinding but you can come closer in and pound that flat putaway shot

Hi Chyeaah,

Oh I didn't notice you live in Sydney. Hm maybe next time I go up we can hit. Sigh idk about the NTPR ratings but it seems like I'm at least 3.5-4.0. Ah I see it would be perfect just have to demo it. Will look at the reviews on TW. You know there's a TW australia but I don't think it's the same TW as the US. Anyway back to topic the 100S is a Yonex right? Still hope my store has it in stock. Go my current racquet from there. It seems you and Fed6.1 had a major misunderstanding there.

So either old BLX, PS95BLX, 100S, Babolat, or any of Fuji's recommendations. Hm I wonder where he went?

btw with courts I play for school. So I will be taking the demos with me to school training and hopefully Sport lessons which in Yr 12 you basically get to do free training and that means hit up with partner or hog a court and practise serving. :D

-Tezuka

P.S. Any reviews will be posted up on this forum usual format seperate post. Btw Jo11y's review on the PS90BLX was quite good.

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Cheers I'm thinking of getting one!

Hi Fed6.1,

Which racquet is that could you be more specific?

Thanks

-Tezuka

Fed6.1
01-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi Fed6.1,

Which racquet is that could you be more specific?

Thanks

-Tezuka

Yonex v-core 100s

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Yonex v-core 100s

Oh nice! Hm yeah well in the end we'll see but I do hope I get over my elbow problem so I can test out racquets without them having to be arm friendly.

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Hi Chyeaah,

Oh I didn't notice you live in Sydney. Hm maybe next time I go up we can hit. Sigh idk about the NTPR ratings but it seems like I'm at least 3.5-4.0. Ah I see it would be perfect just have to demo it. Will look at the reviews on TW. You know there's a TW australia but I don't think it's the same TW as the US. Anyway back to topic the 100S is a Yonex right? Still hope my store has it in stock. Go my current racquet from there. It seems you and Fed6.1 had a major misunderstanding there.

So either old BLX, PS95BLX, 100S, Babolat, or any of Fuji's recommendations. Hm I wonder where he went?

btw with courts I play for school. So I will be taking the demos with me to school training and hopefully Sport lessons which in Yr 12 you basically get to do free training and that means hit up with partner or hog a court and practise serving. :D

-Tezuka

P.S. Any reviews will be posted up on this forum usual format seperate post. Btw Jo11y's review on the PS90BLX was quite good.

Don't try the 95 its too much of a difference in head size.

I would rate these sticks

1 - Yonex V-Core 100S. This allows you to grind the baseline as well or better as the other sticks without suffering from the flaws of the other sticks such as feel, touch, volleys. The only downside is that it lacks stability at higher levels such as 4.5 +. It feels very solid. It's got the biggest sweet spot compared to the other sticks I've mentioned. Its got the best control of all the sticks I've named, it probably has the best control of all the open patterns without lacking spin. Although you might find a lack of power with an full poly setup so you should either lead this up a wee bit or use a hybrid.

2 - BLX Pro Open - Better at what the Pure Drive lacks in, just a wee bit under par at what the Pure Drive succeeds in. The Jack of All Trades, its got a very decent feel kind of muted.

3 - Pure Drive (only if the 2012 version doesn't feel hollow)

The old one feels hollow, not solid. Just hated the feel of it.

4 - Aero Pro Drive

Can't flatten out shots properly, you'll have to be playing like nadal doing super topspin shots until you create room for a topspin winner. If you want to flatten out the shot you have to hit the middle of the somewhat small sweetspot.

Check your e-mail i sent you where you probably could get the cheapest prices in Vic.

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Don't try the 95 its too much of a difference in head size.

I would rate these sticks

1 - Yonex V-Core 100S. This allows you to grind the baseline as well or better as the other sticks without suffering from the flaws of the other sticks such as feel, touch, volleys. The only downside is that it lacks stability at higher levels such as 4.5 +. It feels very solid. It's got the biggest sweet spot compared to the other sticks I've mentioned. Its got the best control of all the sticks I've named, it probably has the best control of all the open patterns without lacking spin. Although you might find a lack of power with an full poly setup so you should either lead this up a wee bit or use a hybrid.

2 - BLX Pro Open - Better at what the Pure Drive lacks in, just a wee bit under par at what the Pure Drive succeeds in. The Jack of All Trades, its got a very decent feel kind of muted.

3 - Pure Drive (only if the 2012 version doesn't feel hollow)

The old one feels hollow, not solid. Just hated the feel of it.

4 - Aero Pro Drive

Can't flatten out shots properly, you'll have to be playing like nadal doing super topspin shots until you create room for a topspin winner. If you want to flatten out the shot you have to hit the middle of the somewhat small sweetspot.

Check your e-mail i sent you where you probably could get the cheapest prices in Vic.

Hi Chyeaah,

Thanks this is great. Now can you recommend some hybrid strings? I haven't really tampered with racquet strings they have all been factory strung and I have played with them for two years going for a string job soon. Hopefully before school starts up again.

We'll see what the people at the pro shop say and then I'll ask them if they have the 100S in store or not and we'll see from there but probs sticking with the BLX Pro Open, well I'll just demo them both and see which one feels better. :D

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for helping me with this selection of racquets for demos. Maybe I should've titled this better. Anyway the racquets chosen are:

1. Yonex V-Core 100S
2. Wilson BLX Pro Open
3. Head MicroGel Radical MidPlus

These are the three I think I will demo others that I might demo are - The Boris Becker London.

-Tezuka

Bedrock
01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
It does look like you never played with right setup, therefore this could be convenient: Head MicroGEL Radical Midplus (Funny, but you have it in your list already )

The following is a little bit more advanced (probably you are not ready for it so far): Head YOUTEK Speed Pro

Both racquets are great and available for unbeatable price.

About Boris Baker racquets - I love them and used to play for years but it seems like BB is not reliable as other brands.
The handle on one of my just recently has fallen apart.

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 02:59 PM
It does look like you never played with right setup, therefore this could be convenient: Head MicroGEL Radical Midplus (Funny, but you have it in your list already )

The following is a little bit more advanced (probably you are not ready for it so far): Head YOUTEK Speed Pro

Both racquets are great and available for unbeatable price.

About Boris Baker racquets - I love them and used to play for years but it seems like BB is not reliable as other brands.
The handle on one of my just recently has fallen apart.

I don't think they have much BB in Australia.

Fuji
01-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Good choice on demoing the Radical MP! Awesome stick in all it's generations. If I didn't find a better fit for my game, I would be using it without a doubt. It's a very sweet racket from all areas of the court.

-Fuji

Andyroo10567
01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Andyroo10567

would suggest? do you mean wouldn't suggest its a bit confusing but I do see what you mean. Hm well idk I'm just seeing what others think in the end its up to me and I might stick with my current racquet. However some people think its too light.

-Tezuka

Oops my bad, its supposed to be wouldn't. Question to your last statement : Are the specs that you showed us all unstrung specs or strung specs?
Theres always the * Racquet Finder * on the side at the Tennis-Warehouse website. Just type in the specs of the NFlash ( That is, if you liked the racquet ) or just type in specs that you want on a racquet. GL~
PS : It took me a while to find my perfect racquet and if you look at my signature i tried out a plentiful amount of racquets and i ended up with the BLX 6.1 Tour, though it costed a lot, it was all worth it!

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I tried the Youtek Radical MP since my store was having a clearance of the old racquets, i didn't really like it. It's just too different to my 100S, not very spinny although the ball was easy to control i just wasn't hitting enough winners with it.

Although it might suit your game. My game is to hit the ball back hard straight to them so it makes them feel jarred, create some angles and go for winners. Basically a fast counter-punching game, finishing the point fast. I feel like i can get a heavier ball with the 100S.

The Radical is an awesome racquet, the balls hardly ever went out, i could use this as a pusher racquet xD.

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey Chyeaah,

Thanks for the email. I think I will stick with my store since they allow me to demo then later if I get a credit card or persuade my parents to get me the racquets hopefully I'll email you again with the racquet that I prefer. I just hope they have the racquets in store.

Like Andyroo10567 said I'll probably demo a lot of racquets before I settle it'll probably be next year before I find one although it seems like most of the racquets presented here could so just persuading my parents to get a couple for me could be hard.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I tried the Youtek Radical MP since my store was having a clearance of the old racquets, i didn't really like it. It's just too different to my 100S, not very spinny although the ball was easy to control i just wasn't hitting enough winners with it.

Although it might suit your game. My game is to hit the ball back hard straight to them so it makes them feel jarred, create some angles and go for winners. Basically a fast counter-punching game, finishing the point fast. I feel like i can get a heavier ball with the 100S.

The Radical is an awesome racquet, the balls hardly ever went out, i could use this as a pusher racquet xD.

Hi Chyeaah,

Nope my game is totally different I'm more of a S&V player/net player waht ever you want to call it. But since the game is so hard for S&Ver's it's kind of developed into an all round game with me playing at the baseline most of the time while seeking opportunies to come to net and finish the point. Geez my arm doesn't feel sore now! :) Don't know why but I think the nerves just acted up at least that's what my mum said. Can't wait to get back on court.

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey Chyeaah,

Thanks for the email. I think I will stick with my store since they allow me to demo then later if I get a credit card or persuade my parents to get me the racquets hopefully I'll email you again with the racquet that I prefer. I just hope they have the racquets in store.

Like Andyroo10567 said I'll probably demo a lot of racquets before I settle it'll probably be next year before I find one although it seems like most of the racquets presented here could so just persuading my parents to get a couple for me could be hard.

-Tezuka

Lol demo it from your store and tell them to match prices.

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi Chyeaah,

Nope my game is totally different I'm more of a S&V player/net player waht ever you want to call it. But since the game is so hard for S&Ver's it's kind of developed into an all round game with me playing at the baseline most of the time while seeking opportunies to come to net and finish the point. Geez my arm doesn't feel sore now! :) Don't know why but I think the nerves just acted up at least that's what my mum said. Can't wait to get back on court.

-Tezuka

Lol. So you play an all court game. Just demo and see how each one fits. I play a kind of aggressive counter punch game, instead of going into defence and switch to offense immediately, I go offensive and then how do you say it, finishing blow xD. So basically keep hitting the ball hard at them. I also like to do a 1-2 combo. short slice and volley winner, only when im very confident and i know i can beat them

Have fun playtesting.

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Lol. So you play an all court game. Just demo and see how each one fits. I play a kind of aggressive counter punch game, instead of going into defence and switch to offense immediately, I go offensive and then how do you say it, finishing blow xD. So basically keep hitting the ball hard at them. I also like to do a 1-2 combo. short slice and volley winner, only when im very confident and i know i can beat them

Have fun playtesting.

Hi Chyeaah,

Oh my goodness! I wouldn't want to face you when you are serious. Hm I have a friend whose kind of like you except his play style is aggressive baseliner and omgoodness his shots are hard. I just wonder whether anyof the frames mentioned could withstand heavy shots. :p Although it means it will be heavier i.e. at least 11.5+ oz and HL config. But I don't think that's good for me right now.

-Tezuka

P.S. Send me an email next time you are coming down to Melbourne and maybe we could have a hit?

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi Chyeaah,

Oh my goodness! I wouldn't want to face you when you are serious. Hm I have a friend whose kind of like you except his play style is aggressive baseliner and omgoodness his shots are hard. I just wonder whether anyof the frames mentioned could withstand heavy shots. :p Although it means it will be heavier i.e. at least 11.5+ oz and HL config. But I don't think that's good for me right now.

-Tezuka

P.S. Send me an email next time you are coming down to Melbourne and maybe we could have a hit?

Lol im 15 xD im not that good but im getting better. I usually just practice against a wall and try to just rip my forehand and get it close to the net. How hard are his shots like 70 km/h groundstrokes? or like 100+ km/h groundstrokes. I think with the right setup on the 100S you could return them. The 100S feels pretty stable against my friends 140 km/h first serve (goes in like 10% of the time) but then again it was leaded up a tiny bit. The V-Core 100S only has 306 SW so you could easily lead it without it being too hard to handle. The 100S is pretty stable for its weight.

But i get tired really easily, anything over 2 sets i just die. Lucky we only play 2 sets at school. 1 set singles 1 set doubles. When I'm playing with my friends its usually 6-1 6-3 5-7 2-6 1-6. I just die after 3 sets. I'm switching to a 2 handed backhand which hopefully will give my right arm a rest and not run around for the inside out forehand as much. Screw you Federer for making the 1HBH look so damn easy.

Im going to AO next year, want to get my 100S signed by Wozniacki and I might get a 98D as well if i improve enough and get it signed by Tomic.

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Lol im 15 xD im not that good but im getting better. I usually just practice against a wall and try to just rip my forehand and get it close to the net. How hard are his shots like 70 km/h groundstrokes? or like 100+ km/h groundstrokes. I think with the right setup on the 100S you could return them. The 100S feels pretty stable against my friends 140 km/h first serve (goes in like 10% of the time) but then again it was leaded up a tiny bit. The V-Core 100S only has 306 SW so you could easily lead it without it being too hard to handle. The 100S is pretty stable for its weight.

But i get tired really easily, anything over 2 sets i just die. Lucky we only play 2 sets at school. 1 set singles 1 set doubles. When I'm playing with my friends its usually 6-1 6-3 5-7 2-6 1-6. I just die after 3 sets. I'm switching to a 2 handed backhand which hopefully will give my right arm a rest and not run around for the inside out forehand as much. Screw you Federer for making the 1HBH look so damn easy.

Im going to AO next year, want to get my 100S signed by Wozniacki and I might get a 98D as well if i improve enough and get it signed by Tomic.

Hi Chyeaah,

LOL! Yeah that's if Tomic feels like it. I really do hope he wins 5 Slams and we get B.T. on his shoes!! I just hope more people are like him. I'm three years older but I don't think I'll go pro. I see well your choice on your 2hbh. Yeah I think can you last endurance wise? I mean you look like you could do well if you can return that monster serve of you friend. XD Well ahem my friend Jon he plays tournaments and is ranked pretty high in his team. He is 15 turning 16 or there abouts, his serve is just enormous i.e. 150+kmh 2nd serve is a kicker and he hits heavy topspin and also a really hard flat forehand. I think he is a 2hbh player as well.

Hm I got a invite to the Womens finals next Sat can't wait! It just seems to me that all the racquets mentioned I could basically pick up and play with so its hard but can't wait for school to start so I can go in depth play test.

-Tezuka

P.S. I'll get my racquet signed if it's from a pro next year which hopefully it is except for the Head. Andre is retired.

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi Chyeaah,

LOL! Yeah that's if Tomic feels like it. I really do hope he wins 5 Slams and we get B.T. on his shoes!! I just hope more people are like him. I'm three years older but I don't think I'll go pro. I see well your choice on your 2hbh. Yeah I think can you last endurance wise? I mean you look like you could do well if you can return that monster serve of you friend. XD Well ahem my friend Jon he plays tournaments and is ranked pretty high in his team. He is 15 turning 16 or there abouts, his serve is just enormous i.e. 150+kmh 2nd serve is a kicker and he hits heavy topspin and also a really hard flat forehand. I think he is a 2hbh player as well.

Hm I got a invite to the Womens finals next Sat can't wait! It just seems to me that all the racquets mentioned I could basically pick up and play with so its hard but can't wait for school to start so I can go in depth play test.

-Tezuka

P.S. I'll get my racquet signed if it's from a pro next year which hopefully it is except for the Head. Andre is retired.

Lol. I'll stalk Tomic until he give me a signature. Maybe if he plays at Apia next year. Or when i go to Gold Coast.

Feeling so cut. Tomic has too many friend requests on FB D=.

Captain Tezuka
01-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Lol. I'll stalk Tomic until he give me a signature. Maybe if he plays at Apia next year. Or when i go to Gold Coast.

Feeling so cut. Tomic has too many friend requests on FB D=.

Hm right that's kind of sad oh well you'll make it. He's a celeb/idol so what do you expect? Anyway can you explain what the different string types do? e.g. poly, multifilament, co-poly, hybrid etc etc? That is until Jo11y's guide comes out. Great guy and great guides. (Y) :)

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Hm right that's kind of sad oh well you'll make it. He's a celeb/idol so what do you expect? Anyway can you explain what the different string types do? e.g. poly, multifilament, co-poly, hybrid etc etc? That is until Jo11y's guide comes out. Great guy and great guides. (Y) :)

-Tezuka

No, I'll stalk him to reach his GF man. She's flaming. As in watch him practicing at AO and stuff, not actual stalk.

Ok.

Polyester - Control and Spin. Typically lower powered compared to other strings. Bad for Tennis Elbow.

Co-Polyester - Its Polyester mixed with some random crap to soften the feel of it. Usually more powerful, more spin. its still control and spin oriented.

Multi - This is for comfort if you have TE or if you need more power. This is usually Control and Power. But less control then most decent Poly's.

Synthetic Gut - Anyone above 3.5 should not be using this unless very tight and a closed pattern.

Gut - Powerful, comfortable.

Hybrid - Mixing two different strings together, usually one type in the mains (up and down strings) and another type in the crosses. The main strings characteristics are around 70% compared to the crosses 30% of the total string bed. EG. If you want power and comfort but want some spin, you would go Natural Gut mains, Poly crosses.

I use a Poly main/Multi cross for control and spin with added power and comfort.

Captain Tezuka
01-25-2012, 02:11 AM
No, I'll stalk him to reach his GF man. She's flaming. As in watch him practicing at AO and stuff, not actual stalk.

Ok.

Polyester - Control and Spin. Typically lower powered compared to other strings. Bad for Tennis Elbow.

Co-Polyester - Its Polyester mixed with some random crap to soften the feel of it. Usually more powerful, more spin. its still control and spin oriented.

Multi - This is for comfort if you have TE or if you need more power. This is usually Control and Power. But less control then most decent Poly's.

Synthetic Gut - Anyone above 3.5 should not be using this unless very tight and a closed pattern.

Gut - Powerful, comfortable.

Hybrid - Mixing two different strings together, usually one type in the mains (up and down strings) and another type in the crosses. The main strings characteristics are around 70% compared to the crosses 30% of the total string bed. EG. If you want power and comfort but want some spin, you would go Natural Gut mains, Poly crosses.

I use a Poly main/Multi cross for control and spin with added power and comfort.

Hi,

Oh nice! I see hm I still don't know yet but the elbow is still weird... idk I keep getting my hopes up. Anyway I'll probs restring the ncode with hybrid or multi.

-Tezuka

P.S. Check out this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=58284 :)

Chyeaah
01-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Hi,

Oh nice! I see hm I still don't know yet but the elbow is still weird... idk I keep getting my hopes up. Anyway I'll probs restring the ncode with hybrid or multi.

-Tezuka

P.S. Check out this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=58284 :)

Don't use your n-code the weight 260 grams is the reason why you have a wierd thing in your elbow in the first place. IMO, stop using your ncode or else you'll get pain. Start demoing.

Chyeaah
01-25-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm trying really really really hard to become a spin doctor. I swear that is the playstyle the asians are born to play with. Play smart and keep your opponent running and guessing.

Captain Tezuka
01-25-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm trying really really really hard to become a spin doctor. I swear that is the playstyle the asians are born to play with. Play smart and keep your opponent running and guessing.

Hi,

Hm WAT?!?!? Hey I'm asian geez spin doctor lolololol :twisted: Yeah I guess hm try copying Fabrice Santoro he was the pro spin doctor. Lol surprisingly non asian. :P Well Fed's slice and topspin as wicked enough. :evil: Haha I see. Too bad there's no nerdster tennis style totally asian. :evil: Lol I wish to play against Chop shoter. Ball comes back. Opponent: WHT!?!? What's wrong with this shot? It's so low!! Spin Doctor: WFT!?!? Are you trying to copy my shots that's pathetic!! LOL! I think asians should play IQ tennis :)

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Spindoctor. The ball goes wide, touches the line and it bounces back to the center again. EPIC WIN.

Although you should take my advice on the racquet change. Your current stick is too light and will screw up your arm way more. Don't use it again. If your above 2.5 level you shouldn't be using that racquet.

Although I reckon the 100S will be a pretty good spindoctor racquet, it doesn't float the slices like the babolats do.

Anyways im off watching sharapova scream on my TV.

Captain Tezuka
01-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Don't use your n-code the weight 260 grams is the reason why you have a wierd thing in your elbow in the first place. IMO, stop using your ncode or else you'll get pain. Start demoing.

Hi Chyeaah,

You sure mate? Then what weight should it be unstrung and strung? I don't think I could lift 11.5oz. Well at least I could try. You sure? Then those people at my store were :evil: :twisted:! As to start demoing you know it's only a week for demo and my court is unplayable dad called someone to take the sand out of the court. Its a grass court so no sand no play. That's why I have to go back to school again.

-Tezuka

P.S. I'll keep you posted about the results. We'll see what they recommend this time around. Um what should I say to them? e.g. I want a heavier racquet because the ncode is too light and I have elbow problems. Also so stringing the ncode will NOT help is that right? It's the weight that is the problem and changing strings will not help? :)

Chyeaah
01-25-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi Chyeaah,

You sure mate? Then what weight should it be unstrung and strung? I don't think I could lift 11.5oz. Well at least I could try. You sure? Then those people at my store were :evil: :twisted:! As to start demoing you know it's only a week for demo and my court is unplayable dad called someone to take the sand out of the court. Its a grass court so no sand no play. That's why I have to go back to school again.

-Tezuka

P.S. I'll keep you posted about the results. We'll see what they recommend this time around. Um what should I say to them? e.g. I want a heavier racquet because the ncode is too light and I have elbow problems. Also so stringing the ncode will NOT help is that right? It's the weight that is the problem and changing strings will not help? :)

It would do for the time being, but since its 260 grams it will be very unstable and send those vibrations from the ball straight into your arm. Switch to a comfortable multi and you'll notice some difference for the time being. Search on this forum about light racquets being bad for the arm and you'll get plenty results

Head Heavy + Light Static weight = Tennis Elbow.

The best combination is Head Light + Static weight you can handle.

If your 18 I bet you can handle at least 320 grams.

nFlash is a Game Improvement racquet for old people or young people, they are fairly expensive as well. As you progress with a light racquet it feels like the ball will knock the racquet out of your hand since it is so light. Thats what causes the TE, the racquet is not stable and not solid/heavy enough to withstand the pounding of such a fast ball so it sents the vibrations straight to your arm.

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 04:54 AM
It would do for the time being, but since its 260 grams it will be very unstable and send those vibrations from the ball straight into your arm. Switch to a comfortable multi and you'll notice some difference for the time being. Search on this forum about light racquets being bad for the arm and you'll get plenty results

Head Heavy + Light Static weight = Tennis Elbow.

The best combination is Head Light + Static weight you can handle.

If your 18 I bet you can handle at least 320 grams.

nFlash is a Game Improvement racquet for old people or young people, they are fairly expensive as well. As you progress with a light racquet it feels like the ball will knock the racquet out of your hand since it is so light. Thats what causes the TE, the racquet is not stable and not solid/heavy enough to withstand the pounding of such a fast ball so it sents the vibrations straight to your arm.

Also what stiffness should it be? I mean a too stiff a racquet would be bad for the arm right? See my nfalsh is probably way to flexible yet something like 70RA might be overstiff.

Do you think I could handle 60-65RA stiffness?

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Chyeaah,

Here are the specs for the racquets to demo.

Head MicroGEL Radical Midplus Specs
Head Size: 98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11oz / 312g
Balance: 2pts Head Light
Swingweight: 315
Stiffness: 57
Beam Width: 21 mm Straight Beam
Composition: Microgel / Graphite
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: HydroSorb
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 9T,8H,10H
Two Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

Yonex VCORE 100 S Specs
Head Size: 100 sq. in. / 645.16 sq. cm.
Length: 27in / 68.58cm
Strung Weight: 11.1oz / 314.68g
Balance: 5 pts HL
Swingweight: 306
Stiffness: 68
Beam Width: 24.5mm / 24.5mm / 23mm /
Composition: H.M. Graphite / X-Fullerene
Power Level: Low-Medium
Stroke Style: Full
Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
Racquet Colors:
White / Red / Black
Grip Type: Yonex
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T, 8H
Two Pieces
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 45-60 pounds

Wilson BLX Pro Open Specs
Head Size: 100 sq. in. / 645.16 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
Strung Weight: 11.1oz / 314.68g
Balance: 4 pts HL
Swingweight: 318
Stiffness: 66
Beam Width: 24mm/26mm/24mm/
Composition: Karophite Black / Basalt
Power Level: Medium
Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
Grip Type: Pro Hybrid
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,8H
One Piece
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 53-63 pounds

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-26-2012, 05:11 AM
I don't feel the stiffness of the V-Core, it's only stiff in the throat and flexible everywhere else thats why its so high on the stiffness. If feels pretty fine if you hit the sweetspot which is hard to miss since its so big. When you miss the sweetspot it doesn't punish you that hard.

The low weight will affect your arm more than the stiffness. The v-core isn't as stiff as the babolats.

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 05:35 AM
I don't feel the stiffness of the V-Core, it's only stiff in the throat and flexible everywhere else thats why its so high on the stiffness. If feels pretty fine if you hit the sweetspot which is hard to miss since its so big. When you miss the sweetspot it doesn't punish you that hard.

The low weight will affect your arm more than the stiffness. The v-core isn't as stiff as the babolats.

Yeah Babolats are so stiff. A couple of my teamates have them geez stiff! So stiffness is more like if it feels really good or not and whether or not it's affecting your arm or your technique is not right. I'm going to demo SOON!

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-26-2012, 05:43 AM
No im saying the V-Core stiffness rating is higher than it is in the world.

Stiffness is like idk havent experienced it but i think its just like hitting the ball with a metal board, it sends vibrations right to your arm and kills it. The V-core has a softish impact if you hit the ball right, mainly TE comes from bad technique.

Depends if you like the feel of a stiff racquet. The more stiff the racquet the more power you usually get. And stiffer racquets are generally better at volleying.

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 05:57 AM
No im saying the V-Core stiffness rating is higher than it is in the world.

Stiffness is like idk havent experienced it but i think its just like hitting the ball with a metal board, it sends vibrations right to your arm and kills it. The V-core has a softish impact if you hit the ball right, mainly TE comes from bad technique.

Depends if you like the feel of a stiff racquet. The more stiff the racquet the more power you usually get. And stiffer racquets are generally better at volleying.

That's quite true better at volleying. Hm well sigh just a week and a half and I should be able to start play heck even during sports if they have it in the timetable. :)

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-26-2012, 06:09 AM
That's quite true better at volleying. Hm well sigh just a week and a half and I should be able to start play heck even during sports if they have it in the timetable. :)

-Tezuka

Btw demo them will all the same string

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Btw demo them will all the same string

True um any recommendations on that? Hybrid? Multi?

It's also good that they will customise the racquets to play the same if you buy two or more racquets if I had know then I would've bought three. But I can still do that :) hopefully.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Hm also if I do end up feeling that the PS100BLX is the best feeling it's a bit light so lead taping it would help increase the weight. Even though I hate customizing I would rather prefer stock form but there has to be compromise and I didn't know about boxbeam but once I touch it I'm hooked so yeah..... what should I do? Also dw I'll demo the others as well just hm........... can't get the feel of the boxbeam out of my head!

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Lol be prepared to pay a hefty price of $299 for the new wilson.

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Ah well I don't mind so long as it fits my game and hm well a racquet would be nice. Idk it just feels solid hm and I think idk I kind of could handle 12oz but it might be too much. I just wonder how heavy my old Wilson Victory 400 is? It felt really heavy like idk if there is an 15oz racquet. Hm demo demo demo. Btw how much does it cost you to demo?

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Lol be prepared to pay a hefty price of $299 for the new wilson.

Lol and is your avatar the racquet that you bought or some image off Google? :p Hm well maybe I can find another racquet that's boxbeam and similar. But seriously WIlson should've up the anity on the weight seriously the PS95BLX at 11.5oz?

-Tezuka

P.S. Here's something that I like :) although why headsize so small!?!? :confused:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ckuehn/tennis/racquets-20120126.jpg

Chyeaah
01-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Imho i don't like boxbeam. Box beam is for oldschoolers. The new aerodynamic designed beams are what everyones using today.

The racquet in my avatar is the 100S.

Wilson QC is terrible so you have to go to a really big shop to get matches racquets.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Imho i don't like boxbeam. Box beam is for oldschoolers. The new aerodynamic designed beams are what everyones using today.

The racquet in my avatar is the 100S.

Wilson QC is terrible so you have to go to a really big shop to get matches racquets.

Hm yeah well that's what my store promises so I hope they deliver.

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 02:10 AM
U start demoing next tuesday?

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 04:25 AM
U start demoing next tuesday?

Hm no more like um tomorrow is saturday right? so one week later I'll go to store and tell them I want to demo. It's because school doesn't start till friday and I need the timetable and training information to allow me to utilise the demo program of my store to its fullest advantage. Don't you agree it should be more than a week. or if so one racquet a a time for a cheaper price. e.g. at my store the demo price is $30 and three racquets max. So I'm going to ask them politely if I could do one racquet at a time over three weeks $10 each. What do you think?

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 04:35 AM
3 week playtest. that would take the whole term to test all the racquets. If your not playing any serious matches go for it. If you are playing serious matches try go play every day for a week, that will be enough time to demo.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 04:41 AM
3 week playtest. that would take the whole term to test all the racquets. If your not playing any serious matches go for it. If you are playing serious matches try go play every day for a week, that will be enough time to demo.

Hm well lets see assuming there is about one or two sports sessions per cycle that's about 1 or 2 per week then that twice plus 2 training sessions and any spare lunchtimes which hopefully I'll try and fit it or test instead of going to some unimportant meetings etc. Oh and matchday on Sat then um that's at least five sessions I get to test out three racquets you think its enough time? Me jealous of those TW playtesters who get months to test out frame and they so much better than me! :evil: haha

-Tezuka

P.S. I should have the mornings free too that's um at least another 30 mins which is ok but no opponents maybe.

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Hm well lets see assuming there is about one or two sports sessions per cycle that's about 1 or 2 per week then that twice plus 2 training sessions and any spare lunchtimes which hopefully I'll try and fit it or test instead of going to some unimportant meetings etc. Oh and matchday on Sat then um that's at least five sessions I get to test out three racquets you think its enough time? Me jealous of those TW playtesters who get months to test out frame and they so much better than me! :evil: haha

-Tezuka

P.S. I should have the mornings free too that's um at least another 30 mins which is ok but no opponents maybe.

Serves in the morning.

If your playing matches, try finish playtesting soon. Some racquets you just hate at the start. Don't go for them. People say you will get to love them but thats just bogus. I reckon you can get it done in two weeks. most of the time you just like some racquets more than others so get rid of the ones you dont like so your left with 2 or 3, then you'll drop to 2 racquets and theres the picking.

P.S - Don't use Mid size racquets unless your really good, when you vs harder people you'll find that you shank like crap with them, and their really different to your current stick. Only use them if you really love them.

dsa202
01-27-2012, 04:56 AM
You can't just buy a racket. Try them out first.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Serves in the morning.

If your playing matches, try finish playtesting soon. Some racquets you just hate at the start. Don't go for them. People say you will get to love them but thats just bogus. I reckon you can get it done in two weeks. most of the time you just like some racquets more than others so get rid of the ones you dont like so your left with 2 or 3, then you'll drop to 2 racquets and theres the picking.

P.S - Don't use Mid size racquets unless your really good, when you vs harder people you'll find that you shank like crap with them, and their really different to your current stick. Only use them if you really love them.

Right there's probably no chance that I will go below 98 square inch headsize this time even if its the PS95 BLX. :) Yeah I know dw all the racquets I have my eyes on are 100 square inches in size. Just hope they have them.

-Tezuka

P.S. Hm love? idk man maybe but I haven't used a mid size even the Wilson Victory 400 was 100 square inches just REALLY HEAVY and I still managed. It might've been that the Victory 400 was a tad bit heavy and the nflash too light so 11.2oz is just right.

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 05:03 AM
You get more spin with mid + and a smaller margin of error (this means less errors right). Mid +'s you can force the ball back on an offhit while with mids your screwed.

P.S Demo all the racquets at once (assume they have a wall at the shop). Keep the racquets you immediately like, drop the ones you don't.

Or if your shop allows 14/30 day cashback buy all the racquets and return it =D.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 05:08 AM
You get more spin with mid + and a smaller margin of error (this means less errors right). Mid +'s you can force the ball back on an offhit while with mids your screwed.

P.S Demo all the racquets at once (assume they have a wall at the shop). Keep the racquets you immediately like, drop the ones you don't.

Or if your shop allows 14/30 day cashback buy all the racquets and return it =D.

Hm all yeah lol doubt my dad would like that hm only if its full refund which it should be. Nice idea. Wait so mid is what headsize and Mid+ is what head size?

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 05:09 AM
You can't just buy a racket. Try them out first.

LOL! I haven't even started demoing and last time in 2009 when I bought my Ncode Nflash i didn't demo and that I regret. Should be demoing in little over a weeks time.

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Hm all yeah lol doubt my dad would like that hm only if its full refund which it should be. Nice idea. Wait so mid is what headsize and Mid+ is what head size?

-Tezuka

Mid is 95 and below imo, others say its 93 and below. MP is above 95 (or 93).

You might like the PSBLX 95. Doubt it. It will have maybe a less than half of the power you currently have.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 05:18 AM
Mid is 95 and below imo, others say its 93 and below. MP is above 95 (or 93).

You might like the PSBLX 95. Doubt it. It will have maybe a less than half of the power you currently have.

Good Good! Now again before I forget string setup? Recommendations? What should I go for in a string.

Sorry if its offtopic to this forum but I can't be bothered going over there. :)

-Tezuka

P.S. What tension should I string them all at around 50-60lbs?

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Good Good! Now again before I forget string setup? Recommendations? What should I go for in a string.

Sorry if its offtopic to this forum but I can't be bothered going over there. :)

-Tezuka

P.S. What tension should I string them all at around 50-60lbs?

When you Demo then from the shop they all have the same strings. Pick your racquet first then worry about strings.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 05:35 AM
When you Demo then from the shop they all have the same strings. Pick your racquet first then worry about strings.

Hm right cool. Really though I thought it differed with manufacturer i.e. each brand has different strings but all racquets in that brand had the same strings. How silly of me! :oops:

-Tezuka

hoodjem
01-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Demo something in the Dunlop line with specs that appeal to you. You will be amazed.

Almost everything else has no "feel" by comparison.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Demo something in the Dunlop line with specs that appeal to you. You will be amazed.

Almost everything else has no "feel" by comparison.

You mean Dunlop Biomemetric 300 Series I'll look into it thanks for your opinion. :)

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Dunlop 200 series are the good ones the rest are terrible.

Tried 200-500 dropped them all except 200 in 5 minutes.

Fuji
01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Dunlop 200 series are the good ones the rest are terrible.

Tried 200-500 dropped them all except 200 in 5 minutes.

Really? The Bio 300Tour was a monster stick. It's great for serving and forehands, but my backhand and volleys never clicked that well. I gave it to my friend who is a counter puncher/base liner and he hasn't used anything since!

-Fuji

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Really? The Bio 300Tour was a monster stick. It's great for serving and forehands, but my backhand and volleys never clicked that well. I gave it to my friend who is a counter puncher/base liner and he hasn't used anything since!

-Fuji

That and Chyeaah's above comment just goes to show how different people find different racquets compliment or hinder their game and playstyle.

-Tezuka

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
That and Chyeaah's above comment just goes to show how different people find different racquets compliment or hinder their game and playstyle.

-Tezuka

Also I just quite a few brands back when I was just starting out but ofc all of them as so small now and practically useless. :) I've used Prince, Head, Wilson. Mostly Wilson and Head. My Coach back then got us 2 OS Head racquets and I did used them at school once. Forgot why. Now I'll see if it's time to switch once again.

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I tried the 200 Lite (loved this one with abit of lead), 300T, 400T, 500T.

The 200 Lite was the only one that stuck with me. I would use this stick if only it had some extra power. Didn't like the 95 sq in much, shanked alot more on serves.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I tried the 200 Lite (loved this one with abit of lead), 300T, 400T, 500T.

The 200 Lite was the only one that stuck with me. I would use this stick if only it had some extra power. Didn't like the 95 sq in much, shanked alot more on serves.

Hm ok nice. I am thinking that I'll see how the stock form of the PS100BLX fits me and if that's the racquet I go for then maybe it needs some lead or well something to elevate the weight because Wilson made it non comparable to even the other racquets in my demo line up. :cry: Although we'll see maybe going 1oz up is enough what do you think. Pick the heaviest you can lift and then tinker with it. I don't know I think customization destroys the idea of a racquet. I mean there should be a racquet you can just swing and play with. Lol I'm being influenced by Jo11y. :) Although I tend to agree with him on the racqeut selection. Hm shanking even at your level really?

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
01-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Lets see you return a 142 km/h serve aimed directly to your face.

I'm only high 3.5 going to a 4.0 but i vs 4.0s and 4.5s.

The PS100 is alright although it is extended length and pretty powerful and probably less stable than the V-Core 100S, which is something you don't look for with customizing racquets. Adding lead to the PS100 would only make it more powerful. The pattern is very open as well which is good for spin, but it might tend towards a lack of control. Demo it and find out.

Captain Tezuka
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Hey Chyeeah,

Ok I've used Wilson's String Selector on their website to determine the string I should use in my racquet after I am statisfied with my demo racquet and buy it. Um so here they are How Often? 4+ Replacement 1 year or longer What Type? Durability and Playability What's important? Feel and Control Results NXT String, Hollow Core Pro and Sensation. So have you played with them before and should I go full bed or hybrid. Also it recommends that string mid-high tension on the racquets tension range and replace them every 3 months or so to maintain optimal performance.

-Tezuka

Fuji
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey Chyeeah,

Ok I've used Wilson's String Selector on their website to determine the string I should use in my racquet after I am statisfied with my demo racquet and buy it. Um so here they are How Often? 4+ Replacement 1 year or longer What Type? Durability and Playability What's important? Feel and Control Results NXT String, Hollow Core Pro and Sensation. So have you played with them before and should I go full bed or hybrid. Also it recommends that string mid-high tension on the racquets tension range and replace them every 3 months or so to maintain optimal performance.

-Tezuka

I figure I might as well chime in here...

Stay away from any and all polyester string, you don't need it. Honestly.

Replace strings if you aren't breaking them every 2-3 months as a general rule of thumb.

NXT is a nice multi, very comfortable. Tension loss prone however.

Hollow Core Pro I found very stiff and not a fan of, hollow core is nice however.

Sensation is a great all around string. It's a bit comfy, and bit spinny, and pretty much a great string to learn on. Once you figure out what you need, it's easier to move away from but it does everything well.

-Fuji

klementine79
01-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Everybody in Australia is switching to the Yonex Vcores.

Chyeaah
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Everybody in Australia is switching to the Yonex Vcores.

No. Everyone is still hooked to the IG Speeds, because its apparently the "best". Although the Pure Drive is the most seen racquet like 40%.

You don't necessarily need to stay away from poly, if you hit hard and have technique I would go Poly.

Fuji
01-31-2012, 07:31 PM
No. Everyone is still hooked to the IG Speeds, because its apparently the "best". Although the Pure Drive is the most seen racquet like 40%.

You don't necessarily need to stay away from poly, if you hit hard and have technique I would go Poly.

I was discussing this in another thread as well...

Poly is only useful for it's first few hours of play. The OP is asking about months of restringing. Poly spells disaster for the arm once it dies, and it's lifespan is usually around the 10-12 hour hitting mark. It looses tension even when you aren't using it.

-Fuji

Chyeaah
01-31-2012, 08:27 PM

Poly is only useful for it's first few hours of play. The OP is asking about months of restringing. Poly spells disaster for the arm once it dies, and it's lifespan is usually around the 10-12 hour hitting mark. It looses tension even when you aren't using it.

-Fuji

Im up to week 3 of my CF Main and Attaction Crosses strung at 55/57. The spin potential dropped alot and the power level seems to have raised to a high powered Syn gut level. Although it is still playable and doesn't cause any uncomfort. Couldn't play for 2 weeks because the days that i do play were raining.}

Yea, you shouldn't use poly unless you want to switch AT LEAST once a month but you should switch every 2-3 weeks.

Captain Tezuka
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM

-Fuji

Well my season is only 9 weeks then I don't really play at all so I guess if I can have a string that lasts with maybe one restring till the end of that then it's all good and ofc then I'll restring at the start of next year. Which I may play comp for my tennis club. Then I'll need to consider the needs of my racquet more.

Captain Tezuka
01-31-2012, 08:33 PM
I figure I might as well chime in here...

Stay away from any and all polyester string, you don't need it. Honestly.

Replace strings if you aren't breaking them every 2-3 months as a general rule of thumb.

NXT is a nice multi, very comfortable. Tension loss prone however.

Hollow Core Pro I found very stiff and not a fan of, hollow core is nice however.

Sensation is a great all around string. It's a bit comfy, and bit spinny, and pretty much a great string to learn on. Once you figure out what you need, it's easier to move away from but it does everything well.

-Fuji

Hm so sensation is good. ok well after demos. Demos come first. :D Oh and yeah I thought it would either be you or chyeaah that answered first. :D

Chyeaah
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Sensation breaks after a few weeks of playing. Another choice would be RIP Control, Dunlop Comfort Synthetic.

Captain Tezuka
01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Sensation breaks after a few weeks of playing. Another choice would be RIP Control, Dunlop Comfort Synthetic.

Oh RIP Control Jo11y recommended that. I see hm well I'll ask about them and check the price and everything I guess I don't mind restringing but I need the cash though. Oh yeah what gauge is it? Also recommended tensions?

Captain Tezuka
01-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Currently testing strings, the one in the left has a Head Syntetic Gut PPS 18 at 55 lbs. Great string but after 4 practice sessions the string was dead and started to move a lot.

Currently waiting to my bag to arrive in order to string both BLX90 with a Tonic+/Alu power Rough hybrid.

I see you're using pacific gut, what are the main differences between pacific gut and Tonic+ ???

Thanks

Hm maybe testing different string is thebest way to go since if I do get three racquets although costs. :cry:

Chyeaah
02-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Lets face it. You probably won't get 9 weeks out of a string if your playing quite abit every week, I think senior kids play for around 3-4 days each week. You might have to restring once or twice.

Captain Tezuka
02-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Lets face it. You probably won't get 9 weeks out of a string if your playing quite abit every week, I think senior kids play for around 3-4 days each week. You might have to restring once or twice.

Fine no problem but finding the right string is.... AFTER THE DEMO! :D

vndesu
02-01-2012, 03:19 AM
would u consider a pure storm gt? not the tour but the regular? i remember that after using this racket for awhile (actually the old pure storm) my game got better. Then after i ended up switching a lot but now im back to the pure control.

Captain Tezuka
02-01-2012, 10:30 AM
would u consider a pure storm gt? not the tour but the regular? i remember that after using this racket for awhile (actually the old pure storm) my game got better. Then after i ended up switching a lot but now im back to the pure control.

Hm maybe but I need to demo. Anyway it might not be the stick for me. But I'll try it.

-Tezuka

Chyeaah
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM

I have a cracked one if you want. The Pure storm lines are excellent but some complain that they crack, they do but like after a year or so of playing.

P.S - Now changing my game into a Power Player game xD.

Captain Tezuka
02-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I have a cracked one if you want. The Pure storm lines are excellent but some complain that they crack, they do but like after a year or so of playing.

P.S - Now changing my game into a Power Player game xD.

What?!? Power Player oh noooo why is everyone playing power well by that do you mean like heavy strokes and hard big serve. or more like play normal and occassionally have a reallly hard hit shot i.e. your forehand?

Chyeaah
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
What?!? Power Player oh noooo why is everyone playing power well by that do you mean like heavy strokes and hard big serve. or more like play normal and occassionally have a reallly hard hit shot i.e. your forehand?

I classify Nadal as a Power Player. So just powerful groundstrokes with awkward spin.

Captain Tezuka
02-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I classify Nadal as a Power Player. So just powerful groundstrokes with awkward spin.

OH I see hm argh very hard to play against also I wonder if he whipped his racquet randomly and made a full stroke with the ball it probs create Nadal spin. :D