PDA

View Full Version : Lead tape on Radical Youtek

Mateo
01-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Hy,

My question is about lead tape. The racquet is Head youtek radical mp.
As the racquet is too light, and I missed the most the plow through I started to play with some lead tape.
I tried few combos and came up with the best one for my game:

Leather grip with 5 grams in handle.
On 7 and 5 o' clock 4 grams each side.
340 g weight of the racquet

This set up is best for my style because all combos with lead at 3&9 or 10&2 make my rad head heavy, and that kind of feel is not my favorite.

My question is how did you rad players customized your radicals, and if this set up is something out of the ordinary, because all my tennis colleagues wore little skeptic about lead placement on 7&5, every one said to put the lead on 3&9, but again I need the feel when I am hitting the ball that I have something in my hands, something heavier than factory set up rad, and without head heavy feeling.

1.) I don't want to open another thread so second question is about Babolat Pure Drive GT, I am playing with Head racquets all my life, but guys in my club are forcing me to try Bab, if anyone can compare the bab with my rad. I know the stiffness is like black and white, I am only interested in all court game difference between this racquets.

Thanks,

RyKnocks
01-20-2012, 12:15 AM
I put about 3g each at 3/9, leather grip and lead tape at the butt of the handle to balance. It brings my Rad to about 12oz but I really dislike the stiff feeling I get from it. I'm eager to try lead at 5/7 instead to see how it feels.

As for the pure drive, it's a lot more powerful and has way more spin. It's an entirely different racquet and I recommend you try one of your friends racquets first.

Mateo
01-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Same feel I had with lead placement 3&9, stiff feel and head heavy effect.
Try 5&7 I found to be the best compromise to get you the feel of a heavier racquet and get the ball to warp level, only down side is that everybody that ''know'' something about customization are looking me weird.
Hm Bab, I must try it out, guys in my club are destroying other players with this pure drive racquets.

xtreme tennis
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I dont own a radical mp, but my friend s rad has 10 grams (babolat lead tape) in the throat , he says it doesn t take the feeling of the stick!