PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDS003

Melon23
01-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Lifelong Yonex user here. I currently use the RDS003 (love it!) and am looking to "upgrade" to a newer Yonex offering. On a whim, I purchased the EZONE 100, but don't love it. It just feels like a night and day difference to the RDS003, IMHO. The EZONE 100 just felt too bulky and thought it lacked the control and spin access of the RDS003.

Any suggestions??? I see a few new models (VCore, EZONE Xi) available, but I thought I'd ask for advisement prior to ordering a slew of demos. Thanks - much appreciate the feedback!

coolblue123
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I used to use a RDS 003 as well. Really loved the extended length, comfort, and power from the racquet. One of my only complaint was that it flexed too much.
I would ask what properties did you like in the 003? Finding an soft extended length racquet is pretty tough.
The racquet I used before the 003 was a PK 7g. It had similar specs.
But do you want a newer model racquet?

shaqtus
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
i dunno, i think if you have one you like and control and can still find them for sale somewhere, stick with it.
I tried to switch from rds 001, to rdis 100 recently, and found it similarly harder to control, tried a couple different strings and tensions and gave up, found a couple brand new ones on an online auction site from a reputable seller and now am set again for a while with a frame i love...
good luck!

mars76
01-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread. I recently went to local shop and found RDS 002 Tour MP in near mint condition.

I never used a Yonex racquet and wants to try one.

Any thoughts on this racquet. I thought it is similar to RDS 003 except in head size.

thanks

coolblue123
01-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread. I recently went to local shop and found RDS 002 Tour MP in near mint condition.

Any thoughts on this racquet. I thought it is similar to RDS 003 except in head size.

thanks

alot less power and mainly control oriented. Also, the sweetspot was considerably smaller as well.

donnygg
01-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi,

thanks

Great racquet. Good feel and control. Powerful due to its static and swing weights. However, you do need to be reasonably strong and fit to handle this racquet for long matches. I switched because my workload doesn't allow me to stay fit enough to use this racquet for more than 1.5 h. I'd love to go back if I can regain my fitness.

MCN
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi,

thanks

I used to use RDS002 tours and they were/are great racquets. They are classic heavy, headlight, flexible frames that have enormous plow through hitting a heavy ball if you can build up the head speed. They're incredibly solid and great for a serve and volley game and very arm friendly. You do have to be fit to play with them though and know how to make the racquet do the work with smooth timing. I don't think they are similar to the RDS003 which is a bit lighter and less solid.