PDA

View Full Version : How do you transform a Head ti. Radical into a Youtek prestige?

rb__11
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
so guys i've been hitting with a Ti.Radical and i like it very much but it's too light. i liked the youtek prestige mp. it was more solid.
is there any specific place to put lead tape and to make it head light enough to be similar to the prestige?
thanks

Ten_nuts
01-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Put on the Head Youtek Prestige MP Cap/grommets plus leather grip + lead tape on handle ---> You will get a nice, super solid feel of this sweet racquet.

rb__11
01-21-2012, 04:51 AM
Put on the Head Youtek Prestige MP Cap/grommets plus leather grip + lead tape on handle ---> You will get a nice, super solid feel of this sweet racquet.

do you think that the ti. radical is a good racquet?

2ndServe
01-21-2012, 05:28 AM
ti radical is a great racket imo.

Ten_nuts
01-21-2012, 08:02 AM
do you think that the ti. radical is a good racquet?

Ti Radical MP racquet, to some people, is the best racquet of the Head Radical MP lines. Why? in stock form, this racquet has excellent feels, great mixe of control and power. I think it's the feel that many people who got used to it could never switch to newer versions. If it's too light for you, don't worry because you can modify it with some lead tape and it will become even better to play with. If you want to try the Ti Radical MP, good for you because now a day it costs only around 50 bucks to get a good condition one.

4sound
01-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I played with this back in the day. I liked its light whip in stock form. The big issue I had with it was that in stock form there was a wide variation in balance from one racket to the next. It was hard to add lead to get 2 rackets feel the same without it feeling like a totally different racket.

hoodjem
01-21-2012, 08:25 AM
How do you transform a mountain into a mole-hill?

4sound
01-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Say you have two rackets that have the same balance and the same overall weight (example: 6pts head light 340gr overall static weight). If the distribution of the weight through the frame is different, the rackets will feel totally different. That is why matching the swing weight is ultimately important.

With that said, if you match swing weight and balance of the Ti to the YT Prestige, my guess is it still won't feel the same because of the frame layup and stiffness difference.

I found a couple of very helpful threads, that explain how to match rackets swing weight and balance. I wish I knew about how to do this back in the day. I would have tried it on the Radical Ti to get multiple rackets to feel the same.

This one is on Lead Tape Placement.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=309803

This one is on racket matching and balancing. This uses 2 scales and is the best method I've found to match racket swing weight without buying an expensive machine like a Gamma RTC, Babolat RDC or Prince PTC.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=378175

This is the Tennis Warehouse Univ. link to figure out swing weight but I've found that the above racket matching thread is a better way of matching swing weight.
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/howto_swingweight.php

I've tried this with different rackets when I've switched to something new and I end up with something that feels pretty good to what I like but always a little different.

Good luck

scotus
01-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Sell the Radical and buy the Prestige.

Due to the introduction of the IG Prestige, fleabay is now flooded with YT Prestiges.

Should be able to get a good deal.