PDA

View Full Version : Head YOUTEK IG Radical Pro Lead Placement?

Lendl
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm happy with the X10 325 right now but one racket that intrigues me is the new Head YOUTEK IG Radical Pro. Where would you add lead and how much to make that racket around 6 points HL?

stronzzi70
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
for sure some lead tape at handle 8 g , plus 4 g at 3 and 4 g at 9.

Lendl
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
OK, so my math is right that is 16" of 1/4" lead tape at 3 and the same at 9?

And when you say handle do you just let it wrap around the top of the grip?

stronzzi70
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM
yes...from the butt cap until the top...

Vasuri
01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I am waiting to demo the ig radical pro myself. If I'd buy it I would probably also make it about 6 hl.

Now, I may be wrong but I would have thought that either of the following would make this racquet 6 hl:
1. Put about 10 gr of weight just under the buttcapp. OR
2. Put about 13 gr of lead tape under the grip equally divided from buttcap to the top of the handle.

Assuming ig radical pro is 3 hl strung without mods. Pls correct if I am wrong. I am using the TW manual racquet customisation tool to get to these numbers.

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/customizationReverse.php

PED
01-21-2012, 12:54 PM
With all the weight concentrated in the hoop in stock form, you would only need to add the weight to the handle to get it to 6 pts HL.

No need to add any at 3/9 as you would just have to add MORE to the handle to counter act that.

I used the YT version which was 2pts HL-great stick with great feel but that balance wasn't great. I hate that they've dropped the static strung weight of this one down to 323g. Basically they went from leather to synthetic grip and that's the 7g difference.

sargeinaz
01-22-2012, 05:27 PM
It only needs some lead wrapped around the bottom of the handle. The hoop is plenty stable with great pop. If I dont like the prestige pro more, then I may pick one up and ask TW to give me one with the lowest swing weight in their inventory, throw on a leather grip and overgrip to alter the balance a little and call it a day.