PDA

View Full Version : Best tennis shoes for supination?

achokshi99
01-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone, i have been using the cc genius sneakers for about 6 months and I like the ankle support and durability but I am a supinator (wear out the outside of the heels) with high arches and man the genius sneakers really seem to hurt my feet. I am in the market for some new tennis shoes and was considering the dragon barricades or the propulse IIs on sale here on TW but was wondering if those would be good for a supinator and/or if anyone had any recs on sneakers that were good for my supination. I can;t seem to find any info on TW about this for sneakers.

kingofstring
01-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Hey everyone, i have been using the cc genius sneakers for about 6 months and I like the ankle support and durability but I am a supinator (wear out the outside of the heels) with high arches and man the genius sneakers really seem to hurt my feet. I am in the market for some new tennis shoes and was considering the dragon barricades or the propulse IIs on sale here on TW but was wondering if those would be good for a supinator and/or if anyone had any recs on sneakers that were good for my supination. I can;t seem to find any info on TW about this for sneakers.

Barricade 7s are like the CC genius so try those!

canadad
02-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Bump,
What did you wind up getting? I have high arches and supinate and am looking for new shoes now.

kimguroo
02-09-2013, 08:07 PM
I also wear out outside of sole (Heel area).
Barricade offers one of the best protection in my opinion.
Unfortunately toe protection is not great though.

Dassa
02-21-2013, 05:04 AM
Motion Control =Over Pronator
Stability= Neutral or Over Pronator
Cushioning=Supinator

Find the best cushy ones... I am having a hard time finding the best fit right now. Best shoes I have ever used for this was Yonex...cush plus flexible.
However the current model 308 is a little snug in the toe-box for me.
I use the 304 currently and loved the 305.....306 & 307 they went to the narrower fit...

It seems if I try a shoe that has "stable" in the name they are so stiff and hurt my feet. I need major flex and cush, plus wide toe-box....good luck there!

Boricua
02-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Cushioning=Supinator

Find the best cushy ones... I am having a hard time finding the best fit right now. Best shoes I have ever used for this was Yonex...cush plus flexible.
I use the 304 currently and loved the 305.....306 & 307 they went to the narrower fit...

It seems if I try a shoe that has "stable" in the name they are so stiff and hurt my feet. I need major flex and cush, plus wide toe-box....good luck there!
I have used the Yonex 307 and 308 and thet are realy food. hHave you used any New Balance or Lotto shoe to compare? I have not but am curious about them.

Dassa
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM
Never have tried Lotto, but yes New Balance...I just dont like their feel and sometimes just feel clunky.

I was looking thru all the reviews, thought may try a couple of these...any comments from anyone.
These all sort of imply wider toe-box & comfy...But I suppose im looking for flex too.

New Ascics Gel Resolution 5
Babolat SFX
or
K-Swiss Big Shots (old regular ones)
Thanks for any input!

Boricua
02-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Never have tried Lotto, but yes New Balance...I just dont like their feel and sometimes just feel clunky.

I was looking thru all the reviews, thought may try a couple of these...any comments from anyone.
These all sort of imply wider toe-box & comfy...But I suppose im looking for flex too.

New Ascics Gel Resolution 5
Babolat SFX
or
K-Swiss Big Shots (old regular ones)
Thanks for any input!

Check out the Lotto Raptors in youtube videos and read customer reviews in TW shop site. They dont seem clunky. Lotto Raptor 3 are on sale right now in TW.

canadad
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Cushioning=Supinator

I have these and I have enjoyed the mobility. I am not sure if it is the narrow toe-box, but I really hurt one of my big toes while running after a drop shot. I stubbed it at the front of the shoe, got a crazy and painful bruise and three months later my toenail is still black.