PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tape Help for my Vcore 98D

tendat
01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
hi i recently switched from the k blade tour(93) to the yonex vcore 98d. its been about a month and i'm liking it so far.... it obviously doesn't have the plow through of the blade tour. if i wanted to get more plow through, where should i add the lead n how much? i have placed 2 strips/layers of Gamma Duraguard head tape at the top and i think its effecting my play. if i place lead at 6, or the throat or on the handle, will that counterbalance it? also if i want to increase racket head speed, where should i add the lead?

when i just swung my k blade tour i felt i could swing faster w/ it thatn my vcore n a month ago, it felt the opposite. i felt that i was swinging the vcore faster than the blade. care to explain? thx guys:)

Bartelby
01-21-2012, 05:13 PM
What about quarter inch pieces of lead 4 x 4 inches long at 3 and 9, or push their starting point even closer to the top for more grunt if that's not working.

thats about 8 extra swingweight points or 10 or more if you push the tape's starting point closer to the tip.

Bartelby
01-21-2012, 05:15 PM
More weight in the tip of the racquet tends to bring the racquet around quicker once you get used to it and your rhs catches up.

tendat
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
What about quarter inch pieces of lead 4 x 4 inches long at 3 and 9, or push their starting point even closer to the top for more grunt if that's not working.

thats about 8 extra swingweight points or 10 or more if you push the tape's starting point closer to the tip.

thx for replying Bartelby. so you recommend 4 strips (in total?) with 2 on each side of the string? and what did u mean by rhs cathing up in your second post?

Bartelby
01-21-2012, 05:52 PM
racquet head speed slows down with weight at the top, but with practice faster speed brings more power onto the ball as the tip of the racquet comes through the ball.

Troy talks a lot about this in his TW racquet reviews.

edwincen
01-21-2012, 08:17 PM
have you try to replace the grip with leather one to give it more headlight balance?

tendat
01-22-2012, 06:44 AM
@edwincen i'd rather not because the blade had a leather grip which was really nice but it calloused my hand. but if i did do that, how many points headlight do you think i could add. the vcore is 6 points head light and currently i have 2 strips of head tape at the top so it must be like 4 or 3 points headlight? btw where should i add lead to increase racket head speed?