PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Six.One Tour BLX TW review

B.B.
01-22-2012, 04:38 AM
It gets a brutal 84 points!

I know it ainīt for everybody but everybody testing in the review ainīt Roger either.

So why donīt more people use it?:shock:

B.B.
01-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Black hole?

rofl_copter3
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
A 90 sq in head is still very limited and all the testers were advanced players. The margin for error is very small and you can get racquets that are just as good but are much more forgiving...

Xizel
01-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Reviews are consistently getting higher scores as the year passes by and new "technology" are imbed within the racquet. My thought: hoax.

UCSF2012
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Reviews are consistently getting higher scores as the year passes by and new "technology" are imbed within the racquet. My thought: hoax.

Well, Wilson's latest technologies have been in dampening. Do you think BLX dampening is a hoax?

Viper
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Well, Wilson's latest technologies have been in dampening. Do you think BLX dampening is a hoax?

Yes. All racket technologies are hoaxes.

B.B.
01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
A 90 sq in head is still very limited and all the testers were advanced players. The margin for error is very small and you can get racquets that are just as good but are much more forgiving...

But you donīt even see 90 head size on tour so why the high score?

Fed Kennedy
01-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Its a very good racquet. Dont be scared of the 90. Its just tennis. Headsize on tour is getting bigger in order to cope with mega spin on slow surfaces. If you play a controlled game with good technique and mild grips this is one of the best feeling frames out there.

li0scc0
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
The review numbers are MEANINGLESS. Some racquets will get mid 80's yet still have many things the reviewers don't like.
Read the comments, ignore the #'s.

ZeroSkid
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Andyroo10567
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
The BLX Six One Tour is my most favorite racquet to play with since my APDGT. The lead tape on 3 and 9 really helped with my forehand, same results for 2HBH and better 1HBH.

cueboyzn
01-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Its a very good racquet. Dont be scared of the 90. Its just tennis. Headsize on tour is getting bigger in order to cope with mega spin on slow surfaces. If you play a controlled game with good technique and mild grips this is one of the best feeling frames out there.

Excellent post.

To all those who point a finger negatively at others who use these frames, this guy summed it up in a nutshell better than anyone. As he said: It's just tennis. And since most of us here play the game for pleasure, fitness and enjoyment, it really doesn't matter what you use as long as you are enjoying yourself. If a player feels good with this racket in his hand, then great for him/her. I have a few different sticks but for me by far the best feeling rackets and the ones I enjoy using the most are my two K-Factor 90's.