PDA

View Full Version : Pure storm ltd. or Blx PS 95

rofl_copter3
01-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I am aware that these sticks are very different but I can't decide which one I like more, so I would like some help...

I play a lot of doubles, and have relatively flat ground strokes (though I'm working on incorporating more spin). When I do play singles I will happily rally from the baseline but do try to come forward on most any short ball. My serve is very inconsistent I can spin it in but flat serves tend to get a bit wild some days.

I have played with just about every stick under the sun and only really enjoyed the 4d 300 tours and a short love of the volkl pb8's... I cracked my last 300 tour yesterday and do not like the bio 300's so this is where I'm at now...

I like volleying with the bab better due to the precision I get but it seems like the open string pattern of the Wilson helps with spin on groundies and a provides a bit more pop...

TennisMaverick
01-22-2012, 10:28 AM
I am aware that these sticks are very different but I can't decide which one I like more, so I would like some help...

I play a lot of doubles, and have relatively flat ground strokes (though I'm working on incorporating more spin). When I do play singles I will happily rally from the baseline but do try to come forward on most any short ball. My serve is very inconsistent I can spin it in but flat serves tend to get a bit wild some days.

I have played with just about every stick under the sun and only really enjoyed the 4d 300 tours and a short love of the volkl pb8's... I cracked my last 300 tour yesterday and do not like the bio 300's so this is where I'm at now...

I like volleying with the bab better due to the precision I get but it seems like the open string pattern of the Wilson helps with spin on groundies and a provides a bit more pop...

The faster your groundie racquet head acceleration, the more that you should move towards the Wilson. The more the need for dwell time with your flat strokes, the more you should gravitate towards the Bab. No one can choose that but you.

rofl_copter3
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Yea I get that its just unfortunate you can't get a variable string pattern racket

KenC
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Yea I get that its just unfortunate you can't get a variable string pattern racket

No matter how hard we try we will always face equipment limitations. We all want a really light racquet that is as stable as a PS88. We want all the control of the PSLGT with the power of the APDGT. Too many things seem to be mutually exclusive. To be a better player we will have go beyond equipment limitations and rely on our own capacities to overcome those limitations. The worst players will continue to get stuck and blame their equipment for their failures.