PDA

View Full Version : Does butt cap size increase with grip size?

Nikae
01-22-2012, 10:27 AM
I have Prince EXO3 tour, handle size 3 which just a little bit too big for me.

1. If I remove the original replacement grip, and put thinner one, will it be ok?
2. Does butt cap size changes with grip size? like: grip size "2" has smaller butt cap then grip size "3"?

I ask this because the butt cap is the problem, I grip the handle low, my pinky finger is located at the very end of the handle (end of butt cap), and I feel that the size of the butt cap is what's making me problems.

scotus
01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
1. Replacing the original grip with a thinner grip just might do the trick for you.

2. Yes, butt caps change with handle size. However, there is some wiggle room with butt caps, and in many cases I find that 1-size difference can be interchangeable, meaning that a Size 2 butt cap might fit your Size 3 handle.

LeeD
01-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Early in the AM for me.
If you replace your grip, how does the buttcap affect anything? Your new grip covers over the buttcap and the handle.
Why do you think your buttcap is too big? It's to allow a loose grip on hard swings and keeps you hand in position.

Nikae
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Early in the AM for me.
If you replace your grip, how does the buttcap affect anything? Your new grip covers over the buttcap and the handle.
Why do you think your buttcap is too big? It's to allow a loose grip on hard swings and keeps you hand in position.

I don't know, it just feels bigger/different then on babolat or head handles :(

LeeD
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
But most different racket companies FEEL different because of exact shape differences. You get used to one companies feel, you experience transitions when trying another.
You can always unstaple your butt cap, add several windings of tape, add back a grip, and try hitting without the buttcap, but using the tape to give you something to feel.