PDA

View Full Version : warm-up video

michielD
01-23-2012, 09:55 AM
taped myself and a friend hitting some balls to eachother, warming-up so don't mind the super lazy footwork

I'm the one in the blue shorts playing with a microgel prestige mid, my friend is playing with a youtek prestige midplus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUdDRR8kcas

don't forget you can watch it in 1080p for the best quality :)

michielD
01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Feel free to post a reply, we are both b-15 players in belgium

LeeD
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Cool clay perspective!
Maybe split screen it so we can see both shots from start to finish?
Or take the TV angle of quarter side and 10' up off the court.

michielD
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
We will try those suggestions next time, actually the surface isn't real clay but it's "smash court" a red carpet with loose rubber grains on top

J011yroger
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
How does it bounce, and play?

J

michielD
01-23-2012, 10:51 PM
It depends on the amount of grains on top of the surface, but I don't really like it. Too many bad bounces and it plays even slower as real gravel. We have 6 indoor courts at that club and 4 are smash court like on this video and the other 2 are faster carpet floors with a more consistent bounce

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 10:57 PM
4.5? Why don't you have real grass courts =D the feeling of a grass court is incredible.

michielD
01-23-2012, 11:14 PM
We only have gravel courts outdoor, indoor we have these synthetic courts and hardcourts in Belgium. Never played on grass.

I have no idea what rating, b-15 is 3 ranks lower than the highest ranking here

LeeD
01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
We think you might be 5.0+ USA rating if your match play equals your hitting ability.
5.5 is Div1 college. 7.0 is top 100 ATP.
6.0 is satellite level, going a few rounds.
4.5 usually takes talented athletes at least 4 years of full time play to achieve.

michielD
01-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Doesn't matter what my rating would be in the US because I will most likely never play there

I play since I was 4 years, always had training with a coach. I know some people from clubs around here who are my age and play college tennis in the US, I'm jealous of them :twisted: but I had some fun matches over here playing in the same team with some pro players and I got the privilege to get destroyed by some atp pro's from other teams

LeeD
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
So you should enter Q's and Satilite events.
I entered 2 Q's back in '78 and '79, and went multiple rounds, losing in the end.
Otherwise, you will always wonder.."what if, if I had tried".

arche3
01-24-2012, 03:29 PM
So you should enter Q's and Satilite events.
I entered 2 Q's back in '78 and '79, and went multiple rounds, losing in the end.
Otherwise, you will always wonder.."what if, if I had tried".

Lol @lee D.
I entered a juniors tourney when I was 14 my 2nd round draw was michael Chang. He had to withdraw so technically I beat michael Chang... extrapolate a step further and I am a grand slam champion! All tt bow to my authorata!

LeeD
01-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Good stuff!
I feel sorry for the players who were sick, or played really badly enough to lose to me. Hard to believe a college player can actually lose to a real B player, but with travel, time lags, playing in a strange enviorment, strange things can happen.
But in the end, eating bagel and breadsticks was my final due. I knew it was coming, my doubles partner knew it was coming, and all my friends were amazed that someone of my level could even manage to get some games in the first round.
Luck is huge.

arche3
01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Good stuff!
I feel sorry for the players who were sick, or played really badly enough to lose to me. Hard to believe a college player can actually lose to a real B player, but with travel, time lags, playing in a strange enviorment, strange things can happen.
But in the end, eating bagel and breadsticks was my final due. I knew it was coming, my doubles partner knew it was coming, and all my friends were amazed that someone of my level could even manage to get some games in the first round.
Luck is huge.

lol lee d. Carry on!

michielD
01-24-2012, 10:19 PM
No thank you I'd rather play some tournaments here in my category where I can fight to win it instead of fighting to qualify and then having to fight to get a couple of games

lonux
01-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Solid play.

I'm also from Belgium, so I know exactly what B-15 means. That's pretty damn high lol. Especially since it's so darn hard to raise your ranking in Belgium. I'm a B+2/6, I can tell, lol.

michielD
01-25-2012, 06:41 AM
some serves, I'm the first one serving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEYVwWwRNLY