PDA

View Full Version : Changing racquets soon need help with weight and setup

Ducker
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Currently I use the Donnay Gold dualx 99 in stock form. It is 11.5 ounces 16x19, 67stiffness. I like it for the most part but I've decided to switch to a 18x20 pattern because of the string I use (multifilliment) breaks in about 8 hours of play. Im hoping the 16x18 will get less movement and life out of the strings. Maybe hopefully more control aswell.

Anyway Ive recently picked up 2 of the Head rad youtek Mps and Im trying to decide how to weight them. Im thinking of weighting them up to 11.5 but thats why I am here. Should I keep the stock to begin with? Should I weight them heavier?

Im 5'11 160lbs, I play 5xa week, and cross train w/ weights. I am 25yrsold.

LeeD
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Instead of asking us, shouldn't you hit with your new rackets and find out how they play, and what you would like to change (if anything) to make it better?
Do you need faster swing speed? Longer more consistent followthru? More plowthru? Less plowthru? Quicker and handier? More clublike, a brutal instrument?
Maybe you want to paint it pink? But you still should go out for a few hits before making any adjustments.

Ducker
01-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I would but they dont come in until tomorow :(. So im killing time on these boards until I can :(.

LeeD
01-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Oh sorry then.
Would make a list with several options for head lighter, head heavier, position of weights, and overall weight diagramed and plotted.

Ducker
01-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I guess your right though I should take them out and have a feel for them in stock form first I might fall in love with the 11.00oz. I doubt it though, it maybe to light.

My main goal is to get a weight of racquet that will help my pace of my pace and action on serve. exspecially first serves. I feel like a heavier racquet might allow me to slow down my swing speed and keep the same power or add more depending on my strength.

LeeD
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
I serve fastest with long rackets that are medium stiff and somewhat head heavy, but overall weight not too heavy...possibly low 11's.
My current 10 oz racket easily serves faster AND slower than my older 11.9 oz rackets, and the variety is based on contact. For second serves, it's easier to swing fast with the light racket, while the older racket CAN hit faster second serves, but with less spin.
Kinda a tossup.

Ducker
01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
interesting, so the head heavy 11oz radical might actually serve better for me at its stock weight or similar.