PDA

View Full Version : Same but different?

tennisinoc
01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Can someone explain to me, with some tangible answer vs. opinion, how 2 rackets with the same strings and tension, weight, balance, string pattern, and swingweight can produce very different shot results? (ie. More topspin or more slice over the other, more control vs. more power, etc.)

Chyeaah
01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Weight distribution. Stiffness. Aerodynamic. Composition. Length. Bigger Grommets. Woofer System. Some random other technology.

one might be more polarized than the other. The end.

/thread.

tennisinoc
01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Ok. Weight distribution is the same, polarization is the same, stiffness is the same, length is the same.
So this leaves Composition and Grommets?
Do these really effect how a racket gets more topspin or slice bite over the other? Please some tangible proof if this.

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Ok. Weight distribution is the same, polarization is the same, stiffness is the same, length is the same.
So this leaves Composition and Grommets?
Do these really effect how a racket gets more topspin or slice bite over the other? Please some tangible proof if this.

Aerodynamics.

If the Aerodynamics are the same their the same racquet. Not a plausible situation.

The composition. One could be wood and the other could be graphite. Graphite would give more power and spin than wood.

mmk
01-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Balance may be the same, but the flex point could be different.

PrinceMoron
01-24-2012, 12:40 AM
It is all in the mind, I am going to buy a Babolat PDGT+ and serve like Roddick, or maybe a Head Prestige and serve like TW Chris.

Chyeaah
01-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Balance may be the same, but the flex point could be different.

I mentioned that