PDA

View Full Version : yonex rdis 200 vs. delta core melbourne

markwillplay
01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
anyone played with both of these? could you describe. Looking to get back into the game after long layoff and want something arm friendly that has good stability. I have played with the Becker sticks (the older orange ones..can't remember the name..had the mids and the 98) and have played with the yonex rds 002 tour so I know those well. Thanks, Mark

basil J
01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Mark, great to see you are heading back to the courts. The BB melbourne is an exceptional upgrade to The BB 11 MP. It has more feel, better spin and great comfort. The RDIs 200 felt more like a tweener to me and not an upgrade to the 002 tour at all. completely different frame. I would suggest demoing the melbourne with full gut or soft string. I know you will like it.

Overeemforehand-YYR-23
01-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Mark, great to see you are heading back to the courts. The BB melbourne is an exceptional upgrade to The BB 11 MP. It has more feel, better spin and great comfort. The RDIs 200 felt more like a tweener to me and not an upgrade to the 002 tour at all. completely different frame. I would suggest demoing the melbourne with full gut or soft string. I know you will like it.

What made RDiS 200 feel like a tweener??

chang10is
02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Could somebody compare these two racquets? I currently have a 002 Tour and am thinking about picking up a new racquet. In the TW review, Troy commented that the Melbourne had a tendency to send some balls long unexpectedly. What have your experiences been with the Melbourne?

Bartelby
02-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Advanced players find that the racquet tends to spin rather than drive the ball.

Not quite sure why this is.

But less advanced players like the weight and power.

Tweener it is not, however, but not for certain types of advanced player unless you want to add lead.

What made RDiS 200 feel like a tweener??

basil J
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Okay, got a chance to hit with a 200 today and I take back what I said about it feeling like a tweener. I had poly M/gut crosses at 56# and this frame played very nicely. Good spin, power, easy depth and good control. Kind of felt like a cross between the TI 80 and the 002T in a lighter more comfy version. Equally as comfy as my KI5. but offered a little more pop and spin. Pinpoint accuarcy and very easy to swing, yet had enough mass to play against a big hitter without issue. I may give this one a 2nd look, especially at the prices they are going for. Did not bother my fragile shoulder one bit. I was delightfully surprised.