PDA

View Full Version : Shoe with a narrow heel

TennisKid1
01-24-2012, 06:01 PM
hey guys, I've been looking for a shoe that has a narrow heel and a pretty spacious toebox. My foot is quite flat and so it widens the shoe as well as my outside edge of the foot also expands too which makes it a bit more difficult to keep my heel as snug as I like. In the past I've used the vapor vi which worked perfectly with its shape and currently I have been using the 3.3's which to be honest, aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I have also used the 2.3's, Barricade 6, as well as the breathe free 2's, and the CC Genius 1 and 2.

Ramon
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
You can try the Prince T10. It's about as narrow in the heel as the adiZero Feather but wider in the toe box. I think it's discontinued, so if they don't have your size you are out of luck.

bradfordt
01-25-2012, 12:40 PM
i have a similar problem with a narrow heel/wide forefoot, and have found New Balance 1004s (and previous iterations) to be a good fit all around.
coming in 2nd place would be Adidas, though depending on the model they can be a bit snug on the toes (i just wear thinner socks when playing in them).
i've also tried Prince T7 and T10 and found them to be too wide in the toebox.
hope this helps.

TennisKid1
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM
You can try the Prince T10. It's about as narrow in the heel as the adiZero Feather but wider in the toe box. I think it's discontinued, so if they don't have your size you are out of luck.

I was actually thinking about the feather now that you mention it. I tried the CC genius that it replaced and it felt pretty good and also the narrowness of the shoe with the high arch feels pretty good on my low arches so I'll consider it

Ramon
01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
I was actually thinking about the feather now that you mention it. I tried the CC genius that it replaced and it felt pretty good and also the narrowness of the shoe with the high arch feels pretty good on my low arches so I'll consider it

I was a big fan of the Feathers until my toes started jamming against the front of the shoe when I would make a sudden stop. My feet are narrow from heel to toe, so I always look for narrow shoes. If the CC Genius feels good to you, maybe the Feathers would work for you. From what you described in the opening post, I thought you would be looking for a wider toe box.

The Prince T10 is narrower than other Prince shoes. It feels about as narrow as the Feathers in the heel and midfoot but has a wider toe box. The lacing system does a better job of securing my foot so it won't slip and my toes don't jam against the front when I stop.

I tried the New Balance 804 because it comes in B width and still wear them. It seems that all New Balance shoes are wide fitting no matter what width you choose and the 804's run small so I had to go a half size bigger. The overall fit of the NB 804 B-width is a bit loose compared to the other shoes I mentioned.

TW actually has a search feature you can use to find narrow shoes. You can try this link:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/searchshoes.html?search=args&type=men&sref=&cat=MSALL&Maxprice=&Minprice=&xcat=MSNARROW&x=58&y=7