PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Strings and Racquets

Funbun
01-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I've recently broke my strings again on a stupid 2HBH shank on my K Blade 98. I'm terribly embarrassed that this wasn't even a forehand. I gotta seriously pay more attention to the ball more right as I get onto the court.

However, when I play with the K Pro Staff 88, I have had so many numerous shanks that it's not even funny. Yet somehow, I haven't had to restring once since I bought it months ago. I play with both racquets very often.

I'm sure that not all poly strings are made the same, but I've snapped the mains of my other racquets, the K Blade included, too many times. The KPS88's strings just remain.

Can different racquet designs actually protect the strings better than others? Perhaps the Signum Pro Poly Plasma on the KPS88 could just happen to be an extremely durable string, or that the ALU Big Banger really snaps easily on the K Blade, but I honestly cannot help but wonder if some racquet design qualities tend to help the longevity of the string than others?

Ducker
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM
The string pattern is the only thing that will help the strings. closed patterns like 18x20 will let the strings move less and the strings wont wear down or break ast fast.

The 16x19 on the other hand is open and will move alot and wear the strings out faster.