PDA

View Full Version : Head Youtek IG Prestige Pro Review

RacketFever
01-25-2012, 03:11 AM
I have had this racket for about 4 days now. Hit with it for 5 hours each day. Here is my review.

String Setup: Technifibre X-One Bi-Phase 17 Mains/ Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Crosses. Both Strung at 54

Ground Strokes: I used to use the PDGT before switching to this one. At first i felt it was underpowered. But after about 2 hours of play, i found myself swinging much harder at the ball, in order to cope with the amount of power i got from the PDGT. It felt amazing on impact. Much Much better feel than my PDGT. Spin was easy to generate and sweetspot was descent. It offered good forgiveness on Off-Center shots. Very stable and it did not flutter like the Pro Staff Six One 95 ( Which i really didn't like).

Serves: Serving with this racket was my favorite aspect of my game. Spin was extreamly easy to produce. More than Power, Precision was amazing with this stick. I found that i had to work a little harder to get Power, but i got used to it.

Volleys: It was very stable on volleys. It isn't extreamly maneuverabl, but it easily gets the Job done.

Return Of Serve: Again very stable. I played against a very fast server, thus i hit many off center shots. The ball would go where you want it to go, though the feel scatters a bit.

Overall: What a Racket! I loved it way more than my PDGT. I strongly recommend switching to this, if you have the energy to swing at the ball hard. It is low powered. It feels great whipping the ball, at contact. Even if you are a 3.5-4.0 player, who can swing hard, and can handle the Mass of the racket, this would be a good choice. The Leather Grip is great too.

I haven't played with many rackets so i can't give you many comparisons. Any other questions, please ask and ill be pleased to answer. Anyone else who have hit with the Ig prestige mid or midplus, please post your thoughts here.

BTW, I bought 3 of these .. :)

Dgdavid
01-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Thanks Racketfever. Really intrigued. I put my IG Radical Pro thoughts up but the bit you write about swinging hard and it feeling great on the ball is what I really want. Going to have to go and get one now to compare!

How was the Prestige on defensive shots like full stretch back hands. Were you getting them back okay vs more powerful rackets?

RacketFever
01-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Forgot to mention, I finally could beat a guy who had been jacking me up since last year.

RacketFever
01-25-2012, 03:20 AM
@dgdavid It was difficult to return balls with good pace, on a full stretch. My pure drive did all the work for me on stretch volleys. However a snap of the wrist is enough to get the ball in with decent pace on this one.

Dgdavid
01-25-2012, 03:41 AM
beat a guy who had been jacking me up since last year.

what game were you playing! :shock:

RacketFever
01-25-2012, 03:48 AM
what game were you playing!

The guy who played me is a 5.5 Player. For the Past year he always used to beat me 7/6 or maybe 7/5 in the final set. For the first time, with the prestige i beat him 7/6 12-10 in the tiebreak. We are playing again tomorrow, lets see how it goes.. :)

Dgdavid
01-25-2012, 05:07 AM
hmmm, if I send the Exo3 Tour 100 back without using it, I get a refund and then only add 30 to get an IG Prestige Pro. That said, so many rave about Exo3 Tour, maybe I should try it. Trying to negotiate with myself!

Did you try the Prestige MP? The TW reviewer Chris considered switching to Pro or MP but selected the MP ultimately.

RacketFever
01-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Nope haven't tried the MP. I have heard many people praise the exo3 tour. I think you should try it out, and post your review.

stormholloway
01-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the review. Sounds interesting.