PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Questions about racquets

djtrikee
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I am short 5'8 and lefty. I never really looked into the strings and different racquets, but I see a bunch of mixtures with righties and lefties and short and tall people.

I always try and compare someone who is short or lefty to what I buy racquet and string wise. I was looking at ferrer's racquet and it looks like he has a extended length racquet. I am using just a babolat pure storm.

Is there a place where I can get an Extended Length of any racquet? I use a lot of spin and I need a racquet that will help generate power easier. I use semi western forehand but also will switch and use easterny-continental in slicing on forehand and backhand. I am the type of player who will grind out points.

I am looking for a racquet that will suit me best for my game with being lefty and short. I know the string has a lot to do with how you perform on the court. I want a string with a lot of Pop...also that can generate a lot of power and spin.

What length racquet should I get?
what string combination should I use?
What string tension should I have?
What is the best racquet for my style of play?

anirut
01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
There's no hard and fast formula, whether a righty or a lefty.

I've seen a very good lefty guitar player playing with uninverted-strings righty guitar. How 'bout that?

BTW, a lefty friend of mine is 5'6" and uses the K90, gut & poly combo.

djtrikee
01-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks anirut. Ill look at that.