PDA

View Full Version : Federer and Roddick who makes more money(including endorsement?)

ktncnttl
07-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Federer is no.1 in the world and Roddick is no.1 in USA. Just wondering who makes more money.

thejackal
07-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Roddick for sure

x Southpaw x
07-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Dunno about money but... Federer gets more tennis-players' support, Roddick gets more babe-support.

jings
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Roddick still with a pro sports management company and Federer no longer with IMG of course. I'd say Roddick by some way as a result. I gather the Maurice Lacroix watch deal for Fed for example isn't particularly big and is way off what Roddick gets from Rolex. Roddick has Amex too and a new Lacoste deal ... all very good names. I'm told by not being with IMG Fed is passing up on a lot of $$$. I recall when Federer split from IMG he said he wasn't that bothered about the real mega bucks, he was quite wealthy and thought he'd earn more than enough for his own purposes. More than anything though he just didn't want the distractions of sponsor's demands on his time. Given his earnings so far I'd say he's going along just fine. A very similar attitude to J-M Olazabal in fact to continue the golf / tennis theme that has flavoured posts of late. Also don't forget that sports mgmt companies take a thunderous slice of sponsorship deals they negotiate, accordingly what we see are always gross figures as far as the player goes.

ucd_ace
07-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Right now, Roddick, but if he keeps losing to Federrer and being the preverbial #2 at best, I imagine that some companies aren't going to be as interested in him as they were when everyone was thinking this is the guy that would take Sampras's place. Reebok's already let him go and Nike surely wasn't so interested in picking him up. Either way, I don't think they're really worried about it... they've both got plenty of money.

friedalo1
07-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Roddick makes 10 times more than Federer. Roddick gets all the big money from American companies. Federer is not American. He doesnt have the same appeal. Agassi makes the most for any tennis players. He makes 25 million on endorsement alone.

rumstove
07-19-2005, 11:43 PM
TENNIS magazine just recently had a list of the top 5 players that make the most from endorsements (June 2005). Like friedalo1 said, Agassi is untouchable at $25 million. He's followed by Hewitt at $9M, Roddick (when still with Reebok) $8M, and then both Henman and Federer at $6M.

According to July issue of TENNIS (pre Wimbledon) Federer already had $1,772,078 in prize money while Roddick was at $494,778. So when putting both together Federer isn't too far behind Roddick.

edgy
07-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I understand about Agassi, but who is Hewitt endorsed by aside from Nike largely? Fed would get more endorsement money from Nike, and also with Wilson.

kicker75
07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Hewitt gets a lot of endorsement money from Australian companies... I believe one is Milo (which is like the Australian equivalent of Nestle). He also does a bunch of other endorsements there... Not high profile in the states, but extremely popular and profitable in his native homeland.

TennisD
07-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Roddick, because he's more marketable, meaning he gets more high-profile endorsements...

MegacedU
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Roddick without a doubt.

Steve Huff
07-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Sharapova must make more than all of them combined. I think she had 21 pictures in the last TENNIS magazine counting the ads. Canon is going to wear out her image before long.

benasp
07-20-2005, 03:43 PM
The roddick Amex pub is just hilarous, when he get the trophy on te head. Fed look to serious to make such great pub

fastdunn
07-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Sharapova must make more than all of them combined. I think she had 21 pictures in the last TENNIS magazine counting the ads. Canon is going to wear out her image before long.

As I recall, she makes about $25 mil from endorsement this year.
She is the highest paid female athelete (not just tennis)
at the moment, reportedly.

rumstove
07-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I understand about Agassi, but who is Hewitt endorsed by aside from Nike largely? Fed would get more endorsement money from Nike, and also with Wilson.

This info is from TENNIS June 2005...

Hewitt: Nike, Yonex, Microsoft video games, Namco video games, NetPro trading cards, Australia Post (Australian Postal service), Sorbent tissue, Valiant Hire furniture.

Federer: Nike, Wilson, Maurice Lacroix watches, EMMI dairy products.

Sharapova rakes in $22.5 million from endorsements.

bigfoot910
07-21-2005, 04:41 PM
According to Tennis Magazine's last issue, Roddick blows Federer out of the water on endorsement deals. Sure Federer gets more prize money, but there are only a few players like Agassi (who blows Roddick out of the water) that can even compete with Roddicks endorsements.