PDA

View Full Version : Need to decide between the 5 choices..there i a video

subz
01-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Which of the following racquets should I get. I am playing with the nBlades for a long time and I think they have become too flexible. I am a baseline player who hits a lot of short angles and have a 1hbh. I do not go to the net often but I want to improve my volley skills since I have been playings some doubles lately. I do not want a racquet above 11.6 oz since I am not very strong. The ideal weight is between 11 to 11.5 with flex between 57 to 63. I also do not like very open string patterns like 16 x18.

Here is my list:

1. Babolat Pure Storm GT

2. Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Lite

3. Prince EXO3 Rebel 98

4. Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six One 95

5. Wilson BLX Juice

And here is an year old video of me doing some warm up, I have improved my serve and back hand since then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lk3wtwrH-U
I am the guy in the white T-shirt

RacketFever
01-27-2012, 01:59 AM
I suggest you demo the rebel 98. Lot of good reviews on that one..

getsby
01-27-2012, 02:15 AM
BLX, Juice or Pro Open. and much more importantly, do it earlier swing, fh and bh

getsby
01-27-2012, 02:18 AM
add. As soon as you decided whether you play fh or bh at once do swing, and then you run into this or that corner. hands should be ahead of the legs, because they are weaker. You've got the opposite.

subz
01-27-2012, 04:57 AM
I suggest you demo the rebel 98. Lot of good reviews on that one..

No option to demo :/ but I heard that the Prince racquets due to their unique ports have a very strange feel to them. Otherwise, spec wise, the Prince looks good and I don't mind the yellow color.

subz
01-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Need more people to vote :/

jgoud
01-28-2012, 01:26 AM
only juice will not be a dead heavy thing for your level

subz
01-28-2012, 02:57 AM
only juice will not be a dead heavy thing for your level

Hmmm...and what is my level ? I have even played with a BLX 90 and I can hit well with it.
I put Juice, just in case, even though I dont like the 100 sq in racquet. I have been playing with completely low powered "dead" nBlade for the last 3 years and it has worked well for me. I think I will either get the Rebel 98 or the Bio 200 Lite.

ghia
01-28-2012, 04:07 AM
200 Lite, especially if you liked the 90 tour. Have not played the others, and I do not even care to...my 200 lite os just to good. It is solid, precise, with enough SW, and the flex seems around 60 (although they rate it at otherwise)

whomad15
01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Racquet companies have completely different feels, even with their least-technological advanced sticks.
A Prince original graphite feels way different than a Wilson prostaff which feels different from a Head prestige.

If you aren't a finesse player, you'll never notice the exo3 ports.

NLBwell
01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Rebel fits you specs well and is a good racket, but whether you would like the completely different feel is a gamble. I wouldn't buy it without demoing it first.

subz
01-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Racquet companies have completely different feels, even with their least-technological advanced sticks.
A Prince original graphite feels way different than a Wilson prostaff which feels different from a Head prestige.

If you aren't a finesse player, you'll never notice the exo3 ports.

Rebel fits you specs well and is a good racket, but whether you would like the completely different feel is a gamble. I wouldn't buy it without demoing it first.

I hit plenty of short angles and feel and touch is important for me. I will try to get a demo first. Can you comment on what kind of feel one gets from exo3 ports. Do they offer more control ?