PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Wilson 6.1 and 6.2 and which do you prefer?

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Hi guys,

this question just suddenly popped into my head and I really wanted to know the answer so I'll throw it out and let the forum tell me all about it.

Thanks

-Tezuka

dsa202
01-27-2012, 05:03 AM
They're completely different rackets. The 6.1 (ProStaff) is a players stick, head light, and the 6.2 is head heavy (Hammer). The hammer is a lot stiffer and will provide more power with a smaller swing, where has with the prostaff it's more flexible and you need a longer swing to generate your own power. Don't go by the point system even though there is a .1 differential it doesn't mean anything. Reason why Wilson did away with the whole point system, because it really didn't make much sense when comparing rackets side by side.

Captain Tezuka
01-27-2012, 05:10 AM
They're completely different rackets. The 6.1 (ProStaff) is a players stick, head light, and the 6.2 is head heavy (Hammer). The hammer is a lot stiffer and will provide more power with a smaller swing, where has with the prostaff it's more flexible and you need a longer swing to generate your own power. Don't go by the point system even though there is a .1 differential it doesn't mean anything. Reason why Wilson did away with the whole point system, because it really didn't make much sense when comparing rackets side by side.

Thanks dsa202,

Thank goodness for that. :)

-Tezuka