PDA

View Full Version : New Ki5

Zverev
01-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Anyone has tried it?
Any difference from old Ki5?
TW mentions only paint job.
I don't quite understand why to change look and not to change anything in the racquet, what's the point?

Sundan
01-28-2012, 04:28 AM
Its like when they change the exterior slightly on a car,when the neighbour buy the new version and all other neighbours will see that you drive an older car,wich you too will notice and the idea is to make you buy the new version as well to not look poorer than them.
There are always rich people that wants the newest,even if the performance is not hugely better than the old version,just to show others that they can afford it.

But there is another aspect aswell,if there are 10 racquets in the store and 9 of them looks new and flashy and 1 looks old some people would choose the flashier one,even if the "old" is better for them,so thats why they have to update the design every now and then i think.

ollinger
01-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Are you married? If so, you understand that changing the look a bit now and then without changing anything else is "the third oldest profession" -- marketing.

Steve Huff
01-28-2012, 11:53 PM
What's the 2nd?

Zverev
01-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Jeez, you guys gone philosophical.
In accordance to Socrates it means either of two things - you have bad wives or you are tennis players :-)

retrograde
01-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Anyone has tried it?
Any difference from old Ki5?
TW mentions only paint job.
I don't quite understand why to change look and not to change anything in the racquet, what's the point?
TW seems to imply only the cosmetics has changed. Babolat recently did the same thing with their popular Pure Storm Tours.

I like that PK doesn't go changing their lineup every year. I've been playing with the 7g for years and am glad I can still buy more frames and grommets.

The new Q-Tour is coming out in March, you could give that a try.