PDA

View Full Version : What do Pros eat for breakfast?

jings
07-19-2005, 10:05 PM
A quiet day at work and I got to thinking about Hewitt and his "raw meat" on court persona. The link to food establish my brain linked Hewitt to his hero Rocky Balbao and the famous raw eggs for breakfast scene. I can see Hewitt into that one. Federer is an easy one as it would just be muesli with milk and yoghurt courtesy of Juliet. Roddick I have down as a waffle / pancakes and syrup sort of guy. Safin I reckon doesn't do breakfast, he's still out partying and might just get to McDonald's in time to get a Big Breakfast before 11am, or possibly a greasy kebab on the way home from the nightclub. Henman would be at his bowl of Frosties (they're gggggreeattt!) with a cheeky round of brown toast and thick cut olde marmalade if he was really letting rip. Agassi would be fruit and nuts. Steffi would have to hold the banana peel while he took the banana out (no not that banana) otherwise it would be unlucky. All the family would have to be in the same seats around the table before he started and he would only sip repeatedly from his tea cup and go a bit potty trying to look for a top to put on it in between sips. Coria would have lots of vitamin pills to take .... Anyone else ...?

supersmash
07-19-2005, 10:15 PM
i read somewhere that robby ginepri eats a lot more junk food than one should.

Junkball
07-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah,Dent a few sides of bacon. (had to get that one out

wildbill88AA
07-19-2005, 10:50 PM
federer-wheaties

roddick-lucky charms

safin-vodka martini

agassi-ibuprofin

hewitt-half a grapefruit

Phil
07-19-2005, 11:04 PM
A quiet day at work and I got to thinking about Hewitt and his "raw meat" on court persona. The link to food establish my brain linked Hewitt to his hero Rocky Balbao and the famous raw eggs for breakfast scene. I can see Hewitt into that one. Federer is an easy one as it would just be muesli with milk and yoghurt courtesy of Juliet. Roddick I have down as a waffle / pancakes and syrup sort of guy. Safin I reckon doesn't do breakfast, he's still out partying and might just get to McDonald's in time to get a Big Breakfast before 11am, or possibly a greasy kebab on the way home from the nightclub. Henman would be at his bowl of Frosties (they're gggggreeattt!) with a cheeky round of brown toast and thick cut olde marmalade if he was really letting rip. Agassi would be fruit and nuts. Steffi would have to hold the banana peel while he took the banana out (no not that banana) otherwise it would be unlucky. All the family would have to be in the same seats around the table before he started and he would only sip repeatedly from his tea cup and go a bit potty trying to look for a top to put on it in between sips. Coria would have lots of vitamin pills to take .... Anyone else ...?

Jings - All I know is that Roger eats baseliners for breakfast!

Tenny
07-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Jings - All I know is that Roger eats baseliners for breakfast!

LOL! Ha ha ha

serveBig
07-20-2005, 01:27 AM
mark admitted his favourite breakfast cereal is fruit loops .... explains alot, lol !!

jings
07-20-2005, 02:31 AM
Yes, good one Phil. baseliners and pretty much every one else. Dent, like that one too.

ATXtennisaddict
07-20-2005, 07:00 AM
LOL @ replies so far

zorg
07-20-2005, 07:48 AM
I know Federer isnt a big fan of dieting. He tries to eat healthy, but he also likes to treat himself to good food. Especially when not in Switzerland he likes to try different foods. I am not sure he has a meal he eats every breakfast.

TennisD
07-20-2005, 07:49 AM
I hear Coria doesn't eat anything.

Instead, he drinks the blood of the innocent...

supersmash
07-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Federer eats the top 10 for breakfast.

norcal
07-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Federer has eaten the same thing for breakfast 22 times in a row: finalists.

TennisD
07-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Federer has eaten the same thing for breakfast 22 times in a row: finalists.
I like that, but I think it's 28...

tennis-n-sc
07-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Great one, wild bill.

TennisD
07-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Great one, wild bill.
Do you ever make coherent posts?

tricky nicky
07-20-2005, 05:55 PM
/////////////////////////

POGO
07-20-2005, 06:10 PM
If I were a pro, I would eat Bangers and Mash for breakfast :)

Man I miss traveling over there in Europe...

Bertchel Banks
07-20-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm no "Pro", but I take daily lessons with a coach (aspiring Open Tennis Champ) and I have Oatmeal, with wheat germ, and flaxmeal. To that I add, raisins/currants, blueberries, or strawberry, or banana.

fist pump
07-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Federer eats the top 10 for breakfast.

so its not mirka? :mrgreen:

milesandmiles
07-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Chances are good that Serena has a danishes and donuts for breakfast.
Hantuchova - 1/2 stick of celery, plain with water or gatorade.
Nadal- a few cc's of uncle Tony's mystery steroid concoction in the nalgas.
Safin- some ho still hangin' around from last night.
Navratilova-oatmeal, fresh squeezed oj, yogurt and who knows, maybe some fish.

Noelle
07-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Roddick I have down as a waffle / pancakes and syrup sort of guy.
I'd figure Roddick used to be a leftover pizza for breakfast kind of guy...

Aykhan Mammadov
07-21-2005, 01:38 PM
PROs eat special eggs, special cheese, special yogurt, special bread... special drinks ...specially enforced meal...specially energized and drugged...on special dishes... After that they use special toilets... Main thing is that everything is special...

Andres
07-21-2005, 05:25 PM
They eat census takers for breakfast... Ohh wait... No! That's Hannibal Lecter
No clue, then ;)