PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Pure drive roddick standard or plus?

ynnek20
01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Now that the reviews are out and these rackets have been discussed about abit which do you prefer if you use a PDR. or if not just if you were to use a PDR which one would you choose standard or plus version.

Teski
01-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I've tried both the new 2012 PD and PDR, but I haven't tried either of the + models. I really liked the PDR and plan to get one. It's a bit heavier than the sticks I've been using (11.9 on the PDR vs. 11.6 on my sticks) and the swingweight is a bit higher, but the racket is so stable and just feels great with my swing! I've hit a couple of rounds with it and my wife noted that my hits were deeper and heavier than usual. She kept asking "why are you hitting so much harder today?" :-)

Forgot to note...The SW on the PDR is a bit higher than I'm used to already. The + just seems like too much for me.

Fuji
01-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I have the XL of the GT in my bag. It's awesome, tons of free power and spin, just make sure you have the arm to keep up with it's stiffness! :)

-Fuji

PED
01-28-2012, 04:56 PM
I've owned both XL and std in the past. I would probably go with the standard length. It was more versatile for me.

I'm a baseline guy but I like the extra stick speed of the std length.

You can get some nasty angles with the XL. You'll be happy with either. If you've never had an xl, it does take a little time to sort out your strokes but nothing major.

recreationalplayer
01-28-2012, 07:38 PM
anyone can become accustomed to the extra 1/2 length, the long term benefits will over ride short term set backs