PDA

View Full Version : Roger Cup ATP Event in Montreal

winks
07-20-2005, 03:59 AM
I am thinking of vacationing in Montreal for a few days and seeing this ATP event. I will probably attend on Friday during the day session. Federer won it last year and is scheduled to defend his title. I would love to see him but would be happy to see any of the top players in the draw.

Has anyone been to it and offer any advice? I am not sure where might be a good place to stay - I don't even know Airport is best to fly into!

hyperwarrior
07-20-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm from Montreal and count on me to be there. I'm already excited. I think sunday august 7th, it'll be free for everyone but the quantity of tickets is limited.
It's the 2nd day of qualification.
It's better to come earlier so you have more chances to get in free. It's easy to take bus or metro to go there.

Our main airport name is Dorval.

Marius_Hancu
07-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Go by subway/metro. The station is De Castelneau on the blue line. The lines are all interconnected. A week tourist pass might be a good deal.

Map of metro/subway:
http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/metro/a-mapmet.htm

The train station is at Bonaventure, downtown at McGill.
There are shuttles between the Dorval Airport and Bonaventure.

Marius_Hancu
07-20-2005, 12:14 PM
check my postings here:

Tennis in Montreal
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=48886

Richie Rich
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Nice venue with good access to outside courts - nice and close to the players. Never an issue getting tickets. Nice main stadium. Was head and shoulders above the Toronto site until they built the new court.

Stay for a few extra days and take in the city - it's well worth it.

winks
07-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Thanks guys - some excellent info here and on the other thread listed.

There are sooo many hotels in downtown Montreal is difficult to know where to even start. Does anyone have any suggestions?

tom-selleck
07-21-2005, 06:50 AM
montreal has sensational nightlife... probably amongst the best in north america.

Marius_Hancu
07-21-2005, 10:06 AM

There are sooo many hotels in downtown Montreal is difficult to know where to even start. Does anyone have any suggestions?

it would be best to not get in one of those which has a strike right now. thus call and ask about it. some have signed the work contracts and are past it.

Colpo
07-21-2005, 12:31 PM

I was up there in 2003 for the TMS Canada, and stayed at the Hotel Gault in the Old Montreal quarter. Very nice, modern hotel in an old building. Places to eat nearby (walking). Metro nearby. Excellent breakfast included. We picked the Gault because of Old Montreal's recent reputation as a hipper, more youthful part of town (Soho-like), and that was accurate.