PDA

View Full Version : Pro's pro and other less known racket brands

Xpherex
01-30-2012, 04:33 AM
Hello,
I was looking around the net for a place to buy a stringing machine as I live outside of U.S and I couldn't order from TW and found Pro's pro stringing machine, anyway my question isn't about the stringing machine it's about their rackets.

Have anyone tried the pro's pro rackets?
How do they feel? (I'm mostly interested in 300g weight, and open pattern)
What they are made from?
which models do you play or have tested?
how would you compare them to known brands like: wilson, prince, head, yonex (I'm using).
and also I would like to know if there is good quality rackets from less known brands

Rock Strongo
01-30-2012, 05:51 AM
I play with the Pro's Pro Art of War as my main stick and it's actually a really good stick for the price. I busted one open during a match (anger, not bad QC) and saw that it consisted of both graphite and fiberglass. It feels really nice, not hollow or anything and soaks up vibrations pretty well. Once you supply your own power, the mass and the balance combined with the flex turns it into a rocket launcher but there is plenty of control to keep the ball in. It's awesome for serves and volleys and I like the dense string pattern too. It is tiring though (it's basically a Prestige MP right down to the mold, all the specs is right in the Prestige range) so it's probably best described as a log of doom. If you can handle it, you can bring evil upon your opponents.

Xpherex
01-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Rock Strongo thanks for your answer,
could you tell me how accurate the RA mentioned on the site?
from what I saw most of the rackets where they mention the stiffness in RA is around 70+ but the prestige mp is 62 according to the tennis-warehouse.

Rock Strongo
01-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Rock Strongo thanks for your answer,
could you tell me how accurate the RA mentioned on the site?
from what I saw most of the rackets where they mention the stiffness in RA is around 70+ but the prestige mp is 62 according to the tennis-warehouse.

Some stiffness rating seem painful to even look at and the AOW is advertised as 66 RA in the catalogue, however I felt that they were more flexible than that, probably around the high 50 to low 60. I really like the feel of it, it's almost like a trampoline even though the string pattern is tight. The dwell time is great!

Xpherex
01-30-2012, 10:20 AM
looking around their rackets I got interested in:
- Pro'S Pro Art Of War
- Pro's Pro Art of War 102 - but looks a little large for me
- Pro's Pro SPC-1003 but it's weight unstrung around 270g, is it possible to get it at least to 330g? or it's too much to add.
- Pro's Pro Comet Chrome
- Pro's Pro ZX 500

would like to hear any opinion on those too

but anyway it's hard to believe that any of those rackets can make me change from Yonex RQiS Tour 1.

Rock Strongo
01-31-2012, 08:20 AM
I have to say this, beware with QC. I got a new AOW to replace the one I , smashed, and it was extremely head heavy. I've sent them an email and a video as proof, so we'll see hoq good their customer service is!

Xpherex
01-31-2012, 12:04 PM
I have to say this, beware with QC. I got a new AOW to replace the one I , smashed, and it was extremely head heavy. I've sent them an email and a video as proof, so we'll see hoq good their customer service is!If I can match them by balancing than it won't be a problem. I tried the TW tool for balancing the spc-1003 and I guess it would be impossible for me to do anything with this racket because I need to add at least 50-60gram. I'm really interested in their products as I'm very elegant with yonex and loosing points I should not. Even I'm breaking strings a lot but the rackets looks like new.