PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Murray Website Thread: TW cyber-cops-what now??!!

Dedans Penthouse
07-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Yesterday, there was this guy who was a fan of the up-and-coming (or over-hyped, take your pick) Andrew Murray who had announced that he just started a website for his "fav" Andrew Murray. Now (given that opinions inevitably vary), there were some responding posters who didn't share his enthusiasm for Andrew Murray and who went on to state that both Murray and this fledgeling website dedicated to him was substandard. Others, recognizing that the website was in it's infancy "copped him some slack" and offered the website creator some encouragement.

Now what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Well, the guy who announced that he was starting the site, also put out an invitation for others to "join the team" in a number of different capacities such as newswriters, staff members, etc..

Now, who wants to be a mere staff writer??....

So, I answered the call and requested the title of King!
"Can I be King?" I couldn't care less about Andrew Murray either way (pro or con); again, I was more interested in securing the title of King. So, I forwarded a HARMLESS letter of introduction, which included references (Billy Jean King, Don King, BURGER KING, B.B. King, Pizza King, The Kingsmen, King Features Syndicate, etc.) and offered to furnish for their review, additional information for the purpose of further supporting my candidacy for the rightful (imho) position of KING!

So what did the hyper-sensitive/draconian TW cyber cops do? TODAY--the freakin' thread has been deleted!! FOR WHAT??!!!!! Hey San Luis Obese-mo, what is going on with your cyber-police recently?! This thread was nowhere--even remotely--near a "breaking point." What's going on lately? .........sigh........

Ah!!!.....wait a minute!!! Was it the fact that he didn't yet incorporate any TENNIS WAREHOUSE hotlinks on his website YET.....a la vamosrafa.com??
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.................;-)

Thanks a lot Tennis Warehouse!! Thanks to you:

"I -- I won't be King. And you? You won't be Queen!
Though nothing, nothing should've driven this away.
You could've been heroes
If just for 1 day....you could've been heroes....if just for 1 day"

why'd you "86'd" that Andrew Murray thread? curious...thx

Dedans Penthouse
07-20-2005, 07:37 AM
One other thing: Yeah, I know this should be in the Rants 'n Raves section. I'm only putting it here because "Yesterday's Guy" put his "Andrew Murray" thread in this Pro Players Section and for those who may've wanted to check out the previous thread, I thought I would put in in the same section--that's all.

Noelle
07-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Your Majesty, the Scoville Jenkins thread was also deleted, perhaps for the same reason that the Andy Murray thread was. Supposedly TW has a policy against linking to other sites which compete with it (be it tennis equipment sales or tennis forums).

norcal
07-20-2005, 07:38 AM
"San Luis Obese-mo"

F'ing Dedans you owe me another keyboard!

Fee
07-20-2005, 08:41 AM
The Sco thread was deleted too? Well that's just silly. Unofficial player websites don't compete with the TW site (that's like saying a scooter competes with a Lexus because both have wheels). And if TW would be just a teeny bit nicer about it, perhaps more sites would add those TW link buttons somewhere, even without the 'deals' that vamosrafael and jamesblaketennis get from them (I had one just because my own personal preference was to purchase from TW, but I took it off).

daniel_rst
07-20-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm with you guys on this one. I'm not allowed to have my site [which concerns statistical tennis ratings] in my signature because it happens to have a link to A m a z o n.com on it.

Well, guess what? I would have a link to tennis-warehouse.com instead, but A m a z o n has an affiliate program and tennis-warehouse does not, at least last time I checked.

Certainly I understand not wanting to have posters touting the myriad other tennis equipment-selling sites out there, but all this is a little too much, in my opinion.

Rabbit
07-20-2005, 10:21 AM
There's a Starman waiting in the sky...
He'd like to come and meet us...
But he thinks he'd blow our minds...

Oh sorry....having a TVC15 flashback...

aj_m2009
07-20-2005, 10:51 AM
And this all was exactly my arguement when I had decided to leave the first time. I wanted to know why Fee and Susan (sorry Fee and Susan, dont take it personally, it was just to defend myself :)) could link to their sites when they had forums and I couldnt link to mine. IMO its really unfair, but like I told RafterMania, Im trying to just forget about it. And btw, TW, I had a link (and I still do have) to you on my Tennis site, which you just happened to block.:)

And another btw, the thread that I had started about this (the whole linkin to such and such site and not to another), was deleted. I mean I dont really know why, but I have an idea. :roll:

Fee
07-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Actually AJ, my link was removed from here at one point, but they were nice enough to send me an email in advance when it happened. I never had it in my signature, it was just in my profile. It is kind of silly, just about every tennis site I know of links to or makes frequent references to all the others (well, the good ones anyway) and most of the tennis freaks visit all of them anyway. Not really necessary to try to pretend that TW is the only site out there for tennis talk. If TW actually had seperate forums for each pro player or subforums for tournaments and all the other aspects of pro tennis, they would have legitimate concerns, but as far as I know, this is the most comprehensive forum for people who play tennis to discuss the game, equipment, etc, etc and other forums refer back to this one for that subject.

w1ckedsick
07-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm the webmaster this thread is refering to and I also was baffled at why my thread was deleted considering it was turning into an interesting discussion. TW you seem to be insecure about the popularity of your website - www.MurraysWorld.com has only been around for 3 weeks and you are afriad?

(You better edit my post now because I'm clearly competition to your forum community.)

arosen
07-20-2005, 04:35 PM
To tricky-nicky- shmucky, yo, stop spamming every thread there is about Murray, will ya?

w1ckedsick
07-20-2005, 04:39 PM
tricky_nicky, I don't usually put out insults but I really wonder how thick you are if you honestly didn't see the sarcasm in my last comment.

You appear to be trying to make me angry and bring me down to your level, its not working. I see you as a completely immature uneducated idiot who just flames anything Andrew Murray related.

tricky nicky
07-20-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah but your still stupid and ya dad left home

Rabbit
07-20-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah but your still stupid and ya dad left home

Shouldn't that be you're still stupid?

Fee
07-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I lurve you Rabbit...

Yours!05
07-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Yesterday, there was this guy who was a fan of the up-and-coming (or over-hyped, take your pick) Andrew Murray who had
why'd you "86'd" that Andrew Murray thread? curious...thxSpectacular Post DP.
Can anyone tell me: Does TW answer these questions? Sometimes? When? Where? Why, and why not?

Rabbit
07-20-2005, 07:35 PM
I lurve you Rabbit...

I knew one day our ship would sail...

I'll be on the quarter deck with two apple martinis my sweet....

Fee
07-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Is there a wireless internet connection for my laptop? I would really like to follow some of the Indy matches on the live scoreboard...

(two days of that, you'll kick me right back to the husband).

Rabbit
07-21-2005, 03:12 AM
I have wirless in my house......catamia......

littlelleyton
07-21-2005, 03:41 AM
QUOTE:

(You better edit my post now because I'm clearly competition to your forum community.)

you stupid kid, you only have a couple of members and thats; you, your mum and your brother...........your dad left home years ago I bet.

murrays world do me a favour and do what all other scottish kids do..........drink that buckfast ***** and take drugs

tricky nicky,

it is clear that you are a bully and find it hard to interact in social situations so you choose to target people you think are bellow you.
i find in hystrical that you feel the way you do about scottish people, please continue with these insults as it this paints england in light that only encourages people to not like england and have a fondness for scotland and its shores.
your choice to pick on the social stereotypes that find its way across the border is that i would expect of a child, in fact i would expect a child to come up with better insults than yours.
i also find it funny that you have chose to ignore my posts that i have replied to you about, im not surprised as you clearly feel that unless you are TRYING to insult scottish people you do not wish to speak to them.
i look forward to your continuing humour and if at any point you would like actually talk tennis or even arrange a match, if you even play, i would be more than interested. i dont hide behind my pc in a little room under the stairs and am very easliy contacted. so if at any stage you feel like you want to join the real world and put your tennis racket where your big mouth is i would happily oblige.

Rabbit
07-21-2005, 04:50 AM
Scotland forever!

w1ckedsick
07-21-2005, 08:37 AM
tricky_nicky you might be interested to know I'm english and live in London, will you still insult me and my family you low life?

TW Staff
07-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Policy No. 3. No promotion or advertising of Tennis Warehouse competitors allowed. This is our message board and we pay to maintain it. If you want to discuss a competitor, please be respectful of our request and do this privately, not on Talk Tennis.

Please note policies are published in the Policy forum of Talk Tennis.

The original post was removed as it was a direct promotion of another message board. Such posting is considered SPAM. Talk Tennis is not here to provide a base for the promotion and the generation of traffic for other web sites.

Chris, TW.

aj_m2009
07-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Im extremely curious to know the answer to the following:

What exactly was wrong with the Scoville Jenkins thread? I mean yeah I understand I put a link to my site in there, but we hadnt even been talking about that for a while. I mean Im sure you think that I just brought the thread back up so people would see my site again, but the real reason is because Scoville has been doing really well lately, and I thought he deserved to get a little recognition for it. I know that may sound like a load of crap, but that was why. I mean I dont need advertising, Ive already gotten plenty of that. I mean Im listed on at least page 2 when you search for Sco in Google, MSN, and Yahoo, tournament sites have linked to my site, and then like all of the forums I post on I have a link to it in my signature. So as you can tell, my site doesnt really need advertising.

If the only reason you deleted that thread was because I had a link to my site in it, you should have just said something and I would have taken it out. Or heck, you could have just taken it out yourself. I mean that wouldnt have been a big deal.

Again, Im just curious about all this. And sorry to go on about the Site stuff, I just felt I needed to make a point here.:)

Dedans Penthouse
07-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Fee! I knew our ship would come in. I'll meet you on the quarterdeck with a pair of apple martinis.
CLICK HERE:
www.WhoAreYouKiddingRabbit?.com

Quoted by Fee: "Two days of that and you'll kick me back to the husband."
YOU HEAR THAT RABBIT??!!--BACK TO THE HUSBAND??!! You're blowin' it kid!! You're blowin' it!! Ease off the throttle and dial it down a notch, will ya?....ya scarin' her off, ya bum!"........"Dedans!....Dedans!.....come on down and git in there!! Show him 'da ropes'!"

Aggghh!!! Si'!! Si!! Besos!!! Besos!!! VamaMamaWanna more-a besos!!! YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE!!!......Mamawanna more de-de-de-dedans! More besos!!"
dedans (hollarin' from behind the upstairs door): "No 'bout a 'dout it Burgess, FEE IS A BABE, but I'm not 'birddoggin' Rabbit or anybody's else's "squeeze, even if Rabbit forgot the "sour" in a sour apple martoonie. And besides........mucho besos to attend to......."

Rabbit: Hey "speedy!" Tryin' to break eggs with sledgehammers? AuContraire mon fraire--i.e. mon hare! In the meantime, re-read "The Hare and The Tortoise."

CLICK HERE:
www.WePayForThisBoard-Whaaa!!.com :-)

Fee
07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
having seen Dedans name on the board before I opend this thread again, I was prepared and all liquids were away from the keyboard....

DP, you are one of the most talented (demented?) writers that I have had the pleasure to read, anywhere. I am flattered to co-star in your spaghetti western/soap/romance novel, mainly because I like to be considered a 'babe', does my heart good. :D

Rabbit
07-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Please, Fee....call me Alejandro.....

Dedans while I usually appreciate help, in this case, I don't think ten gallons of cold water directed in Fee's attention was exactly what I needed.

I was this (.-.) close to securing a concubine, and all for the promise of a wireless connection (don't read anything into that you sick, demented fool). Do you know how long I've waited to even use the word concubine in a sentence?

Smooth? OK, so I don't work at TCBY, and I'm not even distantly related to Errol Flynn. But I was giving it the old college try. Gee, come to think of it, I got the same results in college except the cold water came from the 4th floor of the girls' dorm over the balcony. But never mind that, this was my one big shot at the big leagues as a grown up!

OK...in the immortal words of the old War spiritual, I offer this up to Fee....

"Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?"

And, in the spirit of his own, sick, demented mind, I offer this from the old hymn by Queen to Dedans....

"Tie your mother down...tie your mother down...."

Fee
07-21-2005, 08:23 PM
We are friends, Rabbit. Howzabout we take a pass on the sour apple martinis and just meet for the occasional afternoon tea. I'll bring the Earl Grey, you bring the cucumber sandwiches.

I look forward to the next thread that we can throw completely off track together (but I'm curious if DP will be inspired by 'nothing').

Deuce
07-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Chris - you feel that TW - or these message boards - is somehow threatened by player websites created by fans? This is what I get from your 'explanation'. Please let us all know the exact identity of the great threat - I'm sure that I am not alone in my curiosity.

Taking the 'policy' to this extreme sounds more than a trifle absurd to me.

In case you're interested, there are very likely some undesireables populating my lineage somewhere along the way - stagecoach robbers, prostitutes, and probably a murderer or two, if one delves deep enough. No doubt this violates one or more of your 'policies', as well, if taken to as ridiculous an extreme as you've seemingly taken the former circumstance. As I've now revealed this bit of information, I expect to be banned from these boards forthwith.

Phil
07-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Scotland forever!

RIP James ("Scotty") Doohan.

"Captain, we can't give 'er anymo power-she's running low on dilithium crystals..."

jings
07-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Rabbit I'm confused. You quoted from Starman which was off Ziggy Stardust and claimed to be having a TVC15 moment, which was on Station to Station I think ... maybe you were having a TVC15 and Stardust moment? Haven't listened to either for far to long so thanks for the reminder to get them dusted off.

Dedans Penthouse
07-22-2005, 10:29 AM
I like to be considered a 'babe' it does my heart good. :-)You IS 'babe' Fee. 'Babe' es good! Only 'babe' not good es de "Babe" one by Styx....and band Styx make dedans do the technicolored yawn, and if you play it dat song, den "Babe, I'm leavin' "

I was this (.-.) close to securing a concubine and all for the promise of a wireless connection (don't read anything into that you sick, demented fool)Read into what? Wireless what? Are you talkin' 'girl with a curl' or Olive Oil without a coil?

Do you know how long I've waited to use the word concubine in a sentence?
Concubine? PORCIPINE!! Beware my quill--I suffer from writer's schlock.

We are friends, Rabbit....meet for the occasional afternoon tea. I'll bring the Earl Grey, you bring the cucumber sandwiches.But noooo!.....No, I won't read into that....even though it's obvious that you 2 have developed some esoteric code speak. "Earl Grey?" Hmmm...that obviously refers to you two getting together, in that you two'll be "Twinnings" (as in twins?...get it?..come on, work with me here...I can't get this stupid pun to work!....and my post is lame as it is...). And while you're at it, no "tea-bagging" you pig Rabbit! Now, do you want to know how long I've waited to use the words "Pig Rabbit" in a sentence? As for her asking you bringing "those?" sandwiches big boy?? Well, I may demented with a head that's cemented, BUT, I IS NOT scatological nor pathological with dem distaff (fem.) posters.

I look forward to the next thread that we can throw completely off track together (but I'm curious if DP will be inspired by 'nothing').Mis-Quote=Billy Preston: "Nothin' from nothing leaves nothing...ya gotta have 'nothin'' if ya wanna be with me."
Mis-Quote=George Harrison: "Nothing in the way she moves, attracts me like her udders blubber~":-)(ouch-lame)

Deuce!! Did you tell Chris that you desended from a bunch of "Stagecoach robbers and PROSTITUTES!!" Pleeeeze let me know when you're having a family reunion!! You and yo' family are my kind of people!!

James "Scotty Doohan R.I.P. Scotty: "Captain, I can't change the laws of physics!" I also liked that hysterical washerwoman idiot doctor "Bones" ......"Jim! I'm a man --- I'm not a machine!" WOW! What an actor--rotfl!

Scotland forever!An' Scotch foreverone! ...hiccup...

Rabbit, I'm confused. You quoted "Starman" which was off Ziggy Stardust and claimed to be having a TVC-15 moment which was on Station to Station I think.... Good job jings! You are right. TVC15 was on Station to Station--great title track btw, "drain your glass-raise your glass high!......does my face show some kind of woe?" ... whenever I'm blasting that part of the song and that infectious, bouncy guitar solo towards the end comes roaring on, I am always in serious danger of unknowingly veering way over the speed limit. "Rock" solid Mike Garson piano (as usual). As for "Ziggy Stardust" great album as well (in spite of that creepy/suggestive photo of Bowie in that green jumpsuit--what with the "tumenscent" look), i.e. to be more obscure, that "check out my package" photo looked like that green jump suit was designed by some bi-coastal graduate of the Eldrige Cleaver School of Fashion Padding. (i.e. fairly obvious where the camera was looking to draw the viewer's eye towards).

And in the spirit of his own, demented mind, I offer this from the old hymn by Queen to dedans: "Tie you mother down!....Tie your mother down!"When you said Queen, I thought you were going to quote Doc Ricketts or Rose Barnfield, not Freddy Mercury, who btw, did COMPOSE some great tunes. Alas, today Freddie is "de-composing" instead.
You want Queen?:"Tricycle! Tricycle! Tricycle-I vant to ride that Tricycle! Tricycle! Tricycle!.....FACE!" [i](ching! ching!.....ching! ching!)

[QUOTE=Noelle]
"Your majesty...." YOU too are a babe Noelle. Clever.

Love ya all. Have a great (and safe) weekend! Think good thoughts! :-)

Rabbit
07-22-2005, 12:09 PM
And after that whirlwind, I am speechless.

jings - to clarify....I was in a Bowie moment and tried to be obscure for the Johnny-come-lately youngsters on the boards who wouldn't know a TVC15 from an 8675309....

Fee
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
How can I have a good weekend? I feel like I have to lock myself in the library to decipher DP's last post...

hmmm, maybe I'll just put some Pink Floyd on, forget about all of this for a while.

Yours!05
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
even though it's obvious that you 2 have developed some esoteric code speak. "Earl Grey?" Hmmm...that obviously refers to you two getting together, in that you two'll be "Twinnings" (as in twins?...get it?..come on, work with me here...I can't get this stupid pun to work!.... Aww DP, that's because of yr typo Twinnings. Try Twinings (TM) and let the entangled visions fly...viz. gnarled old root stock.... her vines have tender grapes....
And, ahem, distaff (fem.): is it possible that those for whom this helpful clue was intended stopped reading earlier?;)

jings
07-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Rabbit, thanks for great weekend. I follow the wife and kids on holiday on Friday so home alone this weekend. Ziggy, Station, Aladdin Sane and Changes One (Two was a shockingly commercial sell out by the legend and I still don't own it) all got an airing and I'm a younger man for it.