PDA

View Full Version : BLX 6.1 Team vs Microgel Radical

99%out
01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm playing the radical's now, but was wondering people's thoughts on both of these sticks in comparison stock form. they have very identical specs...your thoughts?

Captain Tezuka
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm playing the radical's now, but was wondering people's thoughts on both of these sticks in comparison stock form. they have very identical specs...your thoughts?

Shouldn't the Team be lighter? Do you want a lighter racquet? The microgel radical is a great racquet. It all depends on the individual. Even if they are similar they might not play similarly.

-Tezuka

Ultimedia
01-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I played around 2 years with the BLX Six One Team.

In the beginning I really enjoyed the lightness but after I while I felt limited by it (it was a real pain to generate enough power). I think you should definitely play test this type of racket before you buy it.

I recently switched to the Blx Blade 98 and wow suddenly I'm able to play shots that would have been impossible with the Six One Team. I also know some players that added extra weight to Team (which seemed to help but I'm not sure that's the thing you want to do).

sunof tennis
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Played with the KFactor version of the 95 Team and the MG Radical. I liked the Team better in stock form. Seemed to have a livlier string bed. Both fairly soft racquets. However, the Radical takes modifications very well. Becomes a much better racquet leaded up.

Captain Tezuka
01-31-2012, 03:10 PM
I played around 2 years with the BLX Six One Team.

In the beginning I really enjoyed the lightness but after I while I felt limited by it (it was a real pain to generate enough power). I think you should definitely play test this type of racket before you buy it.

I recently switched to the Blx Blade 98 and wow suddenly I'm able to play shots that would have been impossible with the Six One Team. I also know some players that added extra weight to Team (which seemed to help but I'm not sure that's the thing you want to do).

Hm yeah I'm not one of the players to mess around with mods. I prefer that the stock form fits although I will allow some minor adjustments However Looking at pictures of leaded racquets it just has some tape between the frame and the grommets.

Well perhaps the other two versions were far heavier than what they liked so they went for the team which was a tad light and then customised it. It's far better to customise with lead from a light racquet than try to take weight out or do something to lighten a heavier racquet.