PDA

View Full Version : HOW DOES yonex ezone xi 98 play ?

buhm95
02-01-2012, 08:26 PM
how does it play ? low power? spin friendly?
also please tell me about VCORE 98 too, is it solid? not hollow?

Chyeaah
02-01-2012, 08:32 PM
high power, spin friendly, and most of the yonex sticks are solid.

buhm95
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
are you referring to ezone xi? or vcore?

Power Player
02-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Have u played it? I am hearing the power is average.

High power is a pure drive roddick, a head extreme,a wilson 6.1.

Are you saying it is that powerful?

Chyeaah
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Haven't exclusively hit with it but I did hit with it against a wall for 15 minutes while my stringer was stringing my racquet. Definately higher power than the 100s and 98D.

It is less powerful than PDR but it is pretty powerful for its weight.

Power Player
02-02-2012, 06:17 AM
You can't tell that from a wall man. You need to be on the court hitting and seeing how someone reacts to your shots, where they are landing..etc.

Anyway OP, I hear the 98 is moderate power from a few guys who have hit with it.

JGads
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
No way this is a high power stick. It has power if you put your all into it, but on rally balls it's very controlled. Nice stick, but nothing earth shattering about it.

Power Player
02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
^^^^

Listen to this guy.

tlm
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
No way this is a high power stick. It has power if you put your all into it, but on rally balls it's very controlled. Nice stick, but nothing earth shattering about it.

I agree i just finished demoing this stick last week. Not a bad racket good solid feel, good spin but like you say nothing earth shattering.

To me it was pretty powerful, not rocket launcher power but to much for me. I demoed it and the pro staff 100 and the juice pro. The yonex had better control than the other two, but not enough for me.

Judging control is hard to do because what i might think is powerful the next guy may think is low powered. Plus i use an asian blx90 with rpm at high tension so i am used to a low powered set up.

Hominator
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM

+1. Totally agree. It is, however, pretty arm friendly, IMO.

JGads
02-02-2012, 11:54 AM
+1. Totally agree. It is, however, pretty arm friendly, IMO.

Very arm friendly, indeed. Nice stick in that there's no surprises - you don't worry about shooting long or the ball being too short, either, it's sort of right in between, but on serve and groundies, there's just nothing that totally jumps out at you. It's a total down-the-middle kind of performance. Good for some, but I need a little more sauciness in some department.

Power Player
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I have heard this and the RDIS200 described as a retriever's or counter puncher's racquet.

I am more of an attacking player. If I am retrieving all the time, I am most likely losing. So far the best attacking stick is my 6.1.

scotus
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I hit some serves with the stick yesterday. I wasn't impressed.

Will do some more hitting throughout the week and report back.

Ross K
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I have heard this and the RDIS200 described as a retriever's or counter puncher's racquet.

I am more of an attacking player. If I am retrieving all the time, I am most likely losing. So far the best attacking stick is my 6.1.

Haha :) ... Quoted for truth (especially if you've spent time with the Exo 100! :twisted: )

BobFL
02-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I am more of an attacking player.

I am in shock! I would never tell judging by your username :D

Chyeaah
02-02-2012, 08:35 PM
TT review says the V-Core 100S is powerful, although I don't think it's that powerful. When just hit with it against a wall for 15 minutes the Xi is more powerful than the 100S should it be high powered?

Oh well. Apparently it's just medium powered.

Boricua
02-03-2012, 10:26 AM

All these rackets that come along, big hype, big expectation, alot of marketing and publicity, pros using them and the list goes on. Then, the racket is released, reviews come along and a different racket comes out with the same story.
In my case, I am getting used to staying with my APD GT until the new model comes along.

scotus
02-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I hit some serves with the stick yesterday. I wasn't impressed.

Will do some more hitting throughout the week and report back.

I pronounced a haste judgment there.

I was testing 4 sticks at once the day before yesterday, so I only served a dozen with each, and the first impression wasn't favorable.

However, after spending a whole lot more time serving with this racquet last night, my thoughts have changed.

Although not the best stick for flat bombs, this is a great stick for kick serves. You can swing this baby up with ease and put some massive spin on the ball. It is easy to get high clearance over the net and make the serve kick up high at an angle, accelerating forward with a second gear.

I find that the kick serves with this stick is as good as those with VCore 95, but the bonus is that Xi 98 is much more arm-friendly.

Boricua
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I pronounced a haste judgment there.

I was testing 4 sticks at once the day before yesterday, so I only served a dozen with each, and the first impression wasn't favorable.

However, after spending a whole lot more time serving with this racquet last night, my thoughts have changed.

Although not the best stick for flat bombs, this is a great stick for kick serves. You can swing this baby up with ease and put some massive spin on the ball. It is easy to get high clearance over the net and make the serve kick up high at an angle, accelerating forward with a second gear.

I find that the kick serves with this stick is as good as those with VCore 95, but the bonus is that Xi 98 is much more arm-friendly.

And what does the Vcore 95 have thats better than the Ezone 98?

scotus
02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
And what does the Vcore 95 have thats better than the Ezone 98?

Vcore 95 has more power and has a very crisp feel.

It was great for my s&v game.

I didn't like volleying with Xi 98 very much. Not as solid.