PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX PS 95, faked or real? Buyers beware!!!!!

Ten_nuts
02-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi guys, i have a question: Has anyone see the Wilson BLX PS 95 on the big auctiion site? I bought 1 at my local tennis shop only a few days ago and i am 110% sure that this Wilson BLX PS 95 racquet doesn't come with leather grip. I saw a few on the big auction site that come with leather grip. Besides this, the racquet looks exactly the same as the one showing on TW. Do you guys think the one comes with leather grip is somewhere else's version, like Asian version? Euro's version? or Chin@ black market's version?

Torres
02-02-2012, 08:10 AM
If really does baffle me that people buy 'new' racquets off E-Bay or from some unknown seller in China and then start angsty threads asking about whether they are fake or not.

If you want a genuine racquet buy it from a reputable, established retailer.

If you want to save money, then buy it used from the TW classifieds from a trusted seller, or wait until the particular racquet line is a due a refresh as most retailers will apply discounts to the outgoing range.

Buying a new racquet from a just released racquet range from an unkown seller on E-Bay is just dumber than dumb in my view.

colan5934
02-02-2012, 08:43 AM
If you type "wilson pro staff 95 blx" into the search on the bay, the first one that comes up, from a seller in the States, looks like it could be a legitimate BLX PS 95 that has had its white synthetic grip switched out for a Wilson Leather. It is strung with powerpads also, why would somebody switch a grip (it has wilson branded finishing tape instead of solid black) and string with gut and powerpads on a fake? The price is great for that, though, so it could be a scam or something, but the buyer's feedback is good too. The two rackets that are located in singapore are likely fake. The general rule is to stray away from rackets sold in China and other SE Asian countries, so if you want to avoid fakes, don't buy from them. If you want a for sure authentic frame, buy from a reputable dealer like TW; simple as that.

RF_fan
02-04-2012, 12:21 PM
If you type "wilson pro staff 95 blx" into the search on the bay, the first one that comes up, from a seller in the States, looks like it could be a legitimate BLX PS 95 that has had its white synthetic grip switched out for a Wilson Leather. It is strung with powerpads also, why would somebody switch a grip (it has wilson branded finishing tape instead of solid black) and string with gut and powerpads on a fake? The price is great for that, though, so it could be a scam or something, but the buyer's feedback is good too. The two rackets that are located in singapore are likely fake. The general rule is to stray away from rackets sold in China and other SE Asian countries, so if you want to avoid fakes, don't buy from them. If you want a for sure authentic frame, buy from a reputable dealer like TW; simple as that.
I was bidding on the racquet you're talking about, but didn't win. I asked seller about the grip and he told me Wilson gave it to him a "pro stock" frame and they (Wilson) switched the grip. I thought it was different from a retail version but he told me it's the same except for the grip. Wilson give those to junior players.

RF_fan
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
If really does baffle me that people buy 'new' racquets off E-Bay or from some unknown seller in China and then start angsty threads asking about whether they are fake or not.

If you want a genuine racquet buy it from a reputable, established retailer.

If you want to save money, then buy it used from the TW classifieds from a trusted seller, or wait until the particular racquet line is a due a refresh as most retailers will apply discounts to the outgoing range.

Buying a new racquet from a just released racquet range from an unkown seller on E-Bay is just dumber than dumb in my view.
If you haven't bought anything from ****, here are some things to consider...
Look at seller's feedback and what he sold. If you buy a fake item you can file a claim and get your money back, including shipping.

Xizel
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
If you haven't bought anything from ****, here are some things to consider...
Look at seller's feedback and what he sold. If you buy a fake item you can file a claim and get your money back, including shipping.

That claim takes forever and you're not guaranteed your return. Don't even bother in the first place.