PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Pro Staff Six.One 100 BLX

MesQueUnClub
02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Today I was hitting with a friend demoing this racquet and had an opportunity to hit with it. I have a 1HBH and usually plays with racquets heavier than 350g and very flexy - usually nothing over 62 RA . So this was probably the lightest racquet I have hit with in my life.

Stiffness/Feel: with the new handle system, the stiffness felt like in the low 60s. The racquet was strung with wilson sensation probably at mid tension. Also when I held the racquet I expected it to feel tinny/hollow like the PD/APD, but it didn't. The racquet felt very muted and I didn't get much response when hitting the ball.

Forehand : Such a light racquet comes around very fast and I had good control and pretty good spin. I could hit out and the ball still landed in. Lots of control is the best way to describe the racquet. All the power has to come from your swing. Unless you hit out, the ball isn't going anywhere and when you do, you get great result.

This is where the good things about this racquet ends.

Backhand : With no power from the racquet and no weight if you have a one hander, anything hit to your backhand with power and you are screwed. Unless you get there with plenty of time and hit out, you won't get the ball over the net or you are won't get any depth. Not last minute stick save with this one. On slices, you get no depth and the ball will float with lazy technique. Again, if you just try to block the ball back, it's not going anywhere.
My friend with the 2 hander did not find issues with depth. Slices were weak for him as well.

Serves : If I ran after I served, I could have reached the other baseline before the ball. No power.

Returns : You can't block a fast serve and expect it to go any where.

Volleys : Racquet feels unstable and twists on hard volleys as expected with such low weight.

That being said, you could always add lead and make it more stable, but why bother as there are plenty of racquets out there that needs less work.

If you have a 2 handed BH and like to run around on the baseline and need more control than you get with a PD, this is the frame for you.

Captain Tezuka
02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Today I was hitting with a friend demoing this racquet and had an opportunity to hit with it. I have a 1HBH and usually plays with racquets heavier than 350g and very flexy - usually nothing over 62 RA . So this was probably the lightest racquet I have hit with in my life.

Stiffness/Feel: with the new handle system, the stiffness felt like in the low 60s. The racquet was strung with wilson sensation probably at mid tension. Also when I held the racquet I expected it to feel tinny/hollow like the PD/APD, but it didn't. The racquet felt very muted and I didn't get much response when hitting the ball.

Forehand : Such a light racquet comes around very fast and I had good control and pretty good spin. I could hit out and the ball still landed in. Lots of control is the best way to describe the racquet. All the power has to come from your swing. Unless you hit out, the ball isn't going anywhere and when you do, you get great result.

This is where the good things about this racquet ends.

Backhand : With no power from the racquet and no weight if you have a one hander, anything hit to your backhand with power and you are screwed. Unless you get there with plenty of time and hit out, you won't get the ball over the net or you are won't get any depth. Not last minute stick save with this one. On slices, you get no depth and the ball will float with lazy technique. Again, if you just try to block the ball back, it's not going anywhere.
My friend with the 2 hander did not find issues with depth. Slices were weak for him as well.

Serves : If I ran after I served, I could have reached the other baseline before the ball. No power.

Returns : You can't block a fast serve and expect it to go any where.

Volleys : Racquet feels unstable and twists on hard volleys as expected with such low weight.

That being said, you could always add lead and make it more stable, but why bother as there are plenty of racquets out there that needs less work.

If you have a 2 handed BH and like to run around on the baseline and need more control than you get with a PD, this is the frame for you.

Hm ok so it's not for you. Why don't you try the BLXPS95 it might be better for you. Ofc you can leaded up ... however I think you are like me and don't like putting lead tape on frame if it doesn't your statisfaction. i.e. you like to play in stock form? Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Tezuka