PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys pull one string at a time for mains and crosses?

Litespeeds
02-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I have seen people stringing where they weave through 2 holes and then do a tension pull. I feel this is not accurate as the grommets will reduce the actual string tension on the previous string.

I string all racquets pulling each string individually. This takes a little more time but I know it is accurate. Still I am able to string a Babolat racquet in about 20-22 minutes. I also straighten out the cross strings too while I am stringing so the stringer can adjust to the extra slack.

I am really curious as to how some of these professional stringers can do a racquet in 12 minutes. Are they doing it right or are they cheating by not pulling each string?

jim e
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I have seen people stringing where they weave through 2 holes and then do a tension pull. I feel this is not accurate as the grommets will reduce the actual string tension on the previous string.

I string all racquets pulling each string individually. This takes a little more time but I know it is accurate. Still I am able to string a Babolat racquet in about 20-22 minutes. I also straighten out the cross strings too while I am stringing so the stringer can adjust to the extra slack.

I am really curious as to how some of these professional stringers can do a racquet in 12 minutes. Are they doing it right or are they cheating by not pulling each string?

The real professional stringers are that fast and can string 40 racquets / day and have the last as good as the first. Each move they make is very specific with no wasted moves, and they are like a well oiled machine.They are the best, and thats why they are at the slams.

Do not get me wrong, as there are plenty of great stringers out there, it's that those slam stringers can do a consistant job over and over again and do so under the gun when time is important where most of us do not have those time restraints.

The stringers that double pull to cut corners are not true professionals, and is ashame that they do what they do, but things like that are out there in just about any position.Some people care about what they do, and then there are those that do not seem to.

Litespeeds
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I know some of these pro stringers can string fast but sometimes people don't believe until they see it with their own 2 eyes. One of my friends went to the Australian Open and he said these stringers will doing racquets in 12-13 minutes. He saw it with his own eyes.

For all those who can string so fast and accurately, my hats off to you. You guys are truly amazing.