PDA

View Full Version : New racquet, with rattle?

pauliewa
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I just got it strung for the first time and within a few minutes in court I notice the faintist rattling, as in inside the frame What if one of the little nylon plastic pieces that holds the stencil piece is in there? Is that likely it? Or is it something I need to worry about?

eleventeenth street
02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
probably drill flash. depending on the frame, open the trap door or remove the butt cap and shake the racquet so the tiny pieces fall out

Bartelby
02-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Babolat, by any chance?

rofl_copter3
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
What brand racket???

pauliewa
02-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Hah, nope, not the babs. Donnay pro one. Amazing stick, other than this ocd inducing rattle.

That makes sense, thanks e street.

lgbalfa
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
probably drill flash. depending on the frame, open the trap door or remove the butt cap and shake the racquet so the tiny pieces fall out

happened to me last week and did this (old frame though not new).

pauliewa
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I took off the butt cap and it's completely plugged... I guess I'll have take off the entire grip? What's my play here?

rufusbgood
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I took off the butt cap and it's completely plugged... I guess I'll have take off the entire grip? What's my play here?

If you have the butt cap off, then the entire grip IS already off, no? Regardless, you should be able to see that the handle core is comprised of two chambers. If these chamber are filled with foam, it may be possible to dig the foam out and hopefully clear a path through which you can evacuate the debris. If not, then you will have to wait for your next stringing at which point you can remove a section of the grommet strip and attempt to remove the debris though one of the grommet holes. If this also fails, you may want to squirt a drop of super glue into the frame to catch the debris and at least keep it stationary.

cork_screw
02-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Do what eleventeenth street said. If it proves to be too much due to how it was manufacturered, then take it back to the store and get a new one or send it back to the manufacturer. I know it's a pain, but they usually don't ask questions as this is really common. I had a racquet that was flashing and wilson took care of it.

Yeah when they drill the holes for teh strings/grommet, some of those pieces get lost inside the frame itself and that's where you hear the sound.